About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

ATLANTA! They're RIGHT! Hahaha!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The West

Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

The Midland

Boston

North Central

The Inland North

Philadelphia

The South

The Northeast

What American accent do you have?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz



Yep, I'm an Atlanta-born child (even though both of my parents are native Californians), who was obviously transplanted to the West coast somewhere in the middle of her childhood. Hahaha!

P.S. THANK YOU for your prayers regarding Job and his exam earlier today. He says he did "eh...." So who knows! We'll see what that means. IF you're just tuning in now, feel free to continue PRAYING... we'd like to get the results in a timely fashion so that he can reschedule and take it again sometime before February (results are mailed back anytime between 2 weeks and 2 months! Ack! We can't wait THAT long, especially if he'll have to re-take it). Once again, many, many thanks and much love from us.

5 comments:

Helenrr said...

ohhh, haha, Katie, It said I was Midland. And my voice is good for radio and tv. (right) Thanks for the amusing break.
I hope Job nailed it!
Take care,
Aunt Helen

jenny baker said...

i hope you hear back about the exam soon! michael just finished his tests for his master's degree and will be walking this december. he's so happy to finally be done with it all!

Iconography Girl said...

I just read your post, so I'll start praying. Seraphim starts class again in January. I feel your pain, but, Godwilling, you won't feel mine much longer!

That quiz was funny. I answered as honestly as I could (trying to ignore the fact that I know my accent has changed since I moved out here 7 years ago). I'm another "midland"er.

Munkee said...

Interesting...i was born and raised in Southern Cal.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Heather EspaƱa said...

I took this same quiz and it says I'm Midland. Which is weird. Because I'm not ;).