
Here is V. in my messy bedroom. Note to self: figure out a costume at least 24 hours before the All Saints Eve party next year. Grr. Oh well. I confess, I was last minute. Here V. is quasi-dressed as St. Euphrosynos (he was a monk who worked in the kitchen for his obedience). Vasi didn't much care for her outfit or for her "saint", she was just pleased to have a chance to play "kitchen."

She perked up a bit later on. Before we left for the party at church, I took her to Heather and Mike's and a few other neighbors' houses. I'm not really "pro-Halloween," but you know, it's not all bad. I mean, when else do you get to go meet neighbors and interact for once? V. was just amazed that people were giving her CANDY! "What? For looking cute? That's IT?" I must admit, for the first time in, oh, 9 years, I got that giddy "thrill" that only comes from trick or treating. We only went to about four houses (and the coffee shop, where they were giving out free hot chocolates to kids... :D). She got to stand next to "Happy Pumpkin," who has been gracing our neighbor's front lawn for the past month. At first, she was a bit wary of the bright, inflatable spectacle. But over time, we tried to put a positive spin on it, and she started to like it. So, when we went to our neighbor's for a quick candy stop, she was more than delighted to pose by it for me. In fact, she was ecstatic, if you can't tell by her ear to ear grin! Yep, this one's going in the proverbial scrapbook.
S. was a ladybug, and she looked pretty darn cute, too!
The party at church was fun, too. By the time we arrived, though, I think my little monk was pretty tired and overwhelmed by the buzzing activity. But she warmed up after a while, and we all had a good time together. Kids make holidays so much more fun. :D
4 comments:
Katie
I clicked on the picture to enlarge it- and I couldn't believe that huge grin on Vasi's face!! I'm glad she got to experience friendly neighborly trick or treating. It is a thrilling experience for the "wee"ones!! ( and grown up chaperones!!!)
About those last minute costumes!!!
I remember well the yearly panic to put together costumes for you kids- My favorite for you was the "old man"- and "juice box" for Christy. (so geniously crafted by dad!) You'll have to post that picture sometime!!
Love- marm
I love the kitchen stuff! What a cutie.
i dunno, maybe i'm wrong but i don't remember St. Euphrosynos having red fingernail polish. ;)
she's so cute! too bad she didn't like her costume, though!
Post a Comment