I've been really encouraged by your comments for the past, oh, four years.Every time I think of quitting blogging, I realize I can't. Because I'd miss you too much. You. Com. Plete. Me.
Because a blog is like having a diary that talks back.
During family trials, I've asked for your prayers, and I've been seen the tangible results of your offerings. Thank you!
I wish could take you out to coffee or have you over for a 'cuppa and some homebaked cookies. OR brownies.
Commenter's Appreciation Week is something I want to do for YOU. Because I'm not always good about saying "THANK YOU" or commenting after each and every one of your comments. But that's what I'm thinking. You take the time to leave me a little message, and I not only appreciate it, but I benefit from your wisdom, kindness and humor.
For every comment I have received since August 1st, clear through Sept. 9th (this coming Tuesday), I will add the commenter's name in a drawing. On Wednesday, I'll draw two names. The two winners will receive a "fun pack" from me... including, but not limited to my somewhat famous (err... okay, highly acclaimed by some local cookie conneuissers) oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (which happen to be vegan/Lenten), my equally delectable homemade-from-scratch fudge brownies (SOOOO not vegan), a 1 lb. bag of gourmet, whole bean coffee, perhaps a little Xenia art souvenir, etc. (If none of these float your boat due to allergies/dislike, then I'll think of something else to show my appreciation).
LURKERS: see what you're missing out on? :D
In conjunction with Commenter's Appreciation Week, we are also celebrating the PASSING SCORE that Job received on his last CPA exam! WAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! That's enough to get me flinging cookies and brownies at anyone and everyone. Glory to God for all things! We were really touched by your prayers and concern. Job studied hard, but even then, these tests are so hard, you need ALL the earthly (and heavenly!) help you can get to pass them. THREE DOWN, one more to GO (in November). Again, Praise God for all things!

And lastly, we are also the proud parents of the newly illumined handmaiden Susannah! She was baptized on Saturday. Above, she is being held by her lovely godmother, Beth. Job, Vasi and godfather Seraphim also pray with Father Theodore (who I'm apparently hiding behind).
All done!Afterwards we were blessed to host a reception/open house at our home. It was the first time several of our friends and church family had a chance to visit. It was wonderful. And look who popped in, all the way from Washington?!
It was awesome to see you, Mimi! :D Thank you again for coming to visit, we look forward to seeing you again in October! All right, let the games begin!
22 comments:
alright, so now i have to comment. JK...
the baptism was awesome and you were an amazing hostess. We had a great time at your home:) too bad vasi missed playing with her friends!
You are a wonderful friend and I am blessed to have you so near and part of our community!
*so near as opposed to other blogger friends who live all across the country and even further away...
I need me some treats. Did I say that outloud? I'd also say you looked radiant at church holding Suz and your party was great fun. But that would look like a cheap way of getting my comment to count twice. Oh, the things we do for cookies and coffee....
Congratulations to Job, and "Many Years!" to the newly baptised and illumined Susannah :-)
many years to the newly illumined susannah and her parents and godparents! thanks for the pictures, she looks so cute!
this will be fun! nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. :)
I'm so glad you haven't quit blogging! What would I do without your blog?
CONGRATULATIONS! to Job!
Many years to Susannah!
Ohhhhhhhh, it was so my pleasure! I had a lovely time, thank you for letting me hold your sweet newly illumined sweetie, and your home is so fabulous. Thank you for inviting me!
And, whohooooot Congrats to Job!
Yay for Job! Daniel and I were praying that he would pass this test...he works so very hard! Thanks for posting some pictures of the baptism, I can't wait to see more. I wish I could've been there.
You're blog is AWESOME, I hope you never quit :) I always look forward to your posts.
Love ya lots!
Christy
P.S. ABout the tasty treats...."Give it to me, give it to me, give it to me, give it to me." (Enter awkward dance here)
You are beautiful.
sorry it has to be anonymous, but that kind of compliment is, sadly, tricky and nuanced in our culture.
AW! Congrats to the newly illumined...Many years!
Fun idea with the drawing. I'm a big fan of cookies too. :)
- Should I win the CATT award (Commenter's Appreciation Tussing Treats) - could I request endless kisses to Susie's cheeks- instead of
calorie laden cookies!!!
Love you and your blog!
Marm
love your blog Katie. You are so honest and true on it.
Congratulations to Job and to you too on his becoming a CPA!!
Congratulations on Steve passing the exam, and Susannah's baptism! I'm sorry we missed it ... we were out of town that day. I hope the day went well for all of you. We should catch up soon, it seems like a while since we've talked!
And yes, I've got to comment too ;-) But I've been (mostly) lurking for awhile.
Looks like a wonderful day...many years to the young handmaiden Susannah, and congratulations to her dad.
Looking forward to meeting you IRL next month!
Congratulations to Job! That is great on the tests...
And congrats on the baptism. :)
I do enjoy your blog (and Carrie's as well), it is a great break in my day and a way to stay caught up with your lives (and get to see some pics of those sweet girls)
Love the pictures too....
Love to all -hugs and kisses,
Aunt Helen
HOOray for JOB!
Great post, great pics, many years to all!
And MIMI was here! Goo'ness!
Um, so if I don't win, can I have the recipe? :0
Many years! so much to celebrate! Congrats!!
I was SOOOOOOOOOOO sad to have missed the baptism last week! I thought I was keeping the sick kid home, but looks like I should have kept all the kids and just send DH. Luckily, I haven't heard of anyone catching this virus from us.
OK. Enough about me...
I have really, really enjoyed reading (and commenting on, a-hem!!) your blog. It was one of the main things that inspired me to start my own (recently neglected) blog.
ooh lots of congrats!many years baby susannah! your house looks cute :)
Maybe your post will help pull me out of a blogging funk. I have been neglectful and miss my blog friends.
Congratulations on all the wonderful events and accomplishments!! Many years to your sweet Susie. I love the chunky legs!!!
i am your 21st comment. goodness, those must be good cookies!
Looks like you've had a lot of great times in your life lately!!! Congratulations!
Post a Comment