About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Monday, July 28, 2008

A week of Dinners

(insert cute banner/logo here)

Monday:
breakfast: In our home, it's always either eggs and bacon or soaked oatmeal. On uber-lazy days, I give Vasi a bowl of plain yogurt mixed with applesauce, while I make a cup of coffee. I know, very bad... I try not to skip breakfast too much, though.

lunch: Usually either dinner leftovers for me and a hot dog/ pbj on Ezekial bread/grilled cheese with cheese chunks/apples/carrots and milk on the side for Vasi.

Dinner: Leftover lentil soup (I'll add some carrots and bacon to it tonight for some "oomph") and some homemade ww French bread.

Tuesday:
Dinner: chicken jambalaya

Wednesday:

black bean burritos

Thursday:
Meat Loaf with potatoes and peas

Friday:
Minestrone with loaf #2 of Monday's French bread batch

Saturday:
Breakfast: (since the Dormition Fast has begun...) Lenten Coconut Pancakes
Lunch: We sleep in on Saturdays, so by the time we've eaten these pancakes, I'm sure it will counts as "brunch". Plus, this recipe is SUPER filling, and we it takes us a while to get hungry again after we've eaten these.
We'll attend a family wedding, so either eat "on the go" or at the reception

Sunday:
Leftovers

Baking aspirations:
Marionberry muffins
Coconut granola

6 comments:

Martha said...

I LOVED your "old" header, the painting of the girl with apple, teacup and a book....

jenny baker said...

sounds like a great week coming up! you have so much more energy than i do, i usually cook about two times a week and the rest we usually go out. once we have kids though the eating out will stop, but we like to live it up when we can. :)

Mimi said...

I love your new header! So sweet.

Molly Sabourin said...

So could you please post the recipe for those lenten coconut pancakes? And would you mind if I brought my hungry family over for dinner? :)

Iconography Girl said...

I second the request for the lenten coconut pancakes. Good for you for planning out your week! That is great -- and no small feat. :)

Lauren S. said...

yum! yes, please share the coconut pancakes recipe!