About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

That works, too.


On the farm berry picking. Too many berries can lead to this scenario, though...


This morning I tried to smuggle in some extra Zzzzs while Vasi was up and about, eager to start her day. Susy and I were not too jazzed. I "recommended" that Vasi go play in her room, so she did. All was quiet on the Western front. For a few minutes, at least. I heard her rapid footsteps scuttering back to my bedroom, and my motherly intuition sensed a rhythm of mischeif in her impish pace. I jolted awake to find a bare-bummed Vasi waving a newly removed and heavily soiled diaper in the air, like an Olympian proudly bearing her nation's flag. And the leap I made from the bed and to that horrid diaper (with toxic contents threatening to drip, plop, splat wherever they pleased) could have rivaled an Olympic athlete's, too.

Friends, that is one surefire way to get me out of bed.

7 comments:

Laura said...

Motherhood sometimes feels like an Olympic race, doesn't it? :)

MamaBirdEmma said...

LOL! I can sympathize:)

Bluecanopy said...

eeeeeeeeeeew! good morning, ha!

Known Alias: Ingrid Tuesday said...

[sucks in air through gritted teeth]

Today Peter toodled off to go potty (as usual) but when I went to check on him, discovered he had wiped his poopy bum not with toilet paper (noooo! of course not!) but with his HAND. And his shirt! Then rubbed his belly and his nose with said hand!

You and me, sister, we don't get paid enough.

Phronsie said...

LOL! Oh no! We haven't hit that stage yet... He's only opened his diapers once or twice but hasn't managed a full removal. I can't wait...

Iconography Girl said...

Yep....the joy, eh? Twice DD has "helped" by standing and removing her soiled diaper as I am running to get a clean one. Fortunately, it has always landed dirty side up -- after smearing down her leg, of course.

Yesterday morning DS2 & I were sleeping in our room -- fan and white noise maker on, door closed. Around 8:50am (how did we sleep so late!?!?), I awake to hear DD shrieking. I bolted to the kids' room: light on, no DS1 or DD. Bathroom: my towel on floor, water (I hope!) everywhere, med cabinet open (thank goodness they can't reach anything bad!), electric toothbrush missing, toothpaste on the counter. DS1 & DD were downstairs. My pens and scissors on the floor. But no 'damage' done, they were just fighting over legos!!! (Found the electric toothbrush 3 hours later).

Such moments are cause for intense emotion -- anger, shock, frustration and deep thankfulness for Panagia and their guardian angels!!

DS1's comment on the photo for this post, "Is Vasi in the field looking for Mr. McGregor?"

(and thanks for the recipe!)

annie said...

I didn't realize Vasi was SO blonde! I love it! And I love your new header, too cute. The girls are beautiful! Can you tell I am getting myself caught up with your blog and with blogging in general? This post reminds me SO much of the first few months after Pearl was born, Johnny was always into something the minute my back was turned. Oh wait, that hasn't really changed, except now Pearl is joining him in the mischief. Yikes!