
Thank you God for this calm hour. How can it be that I haven't even set foot outside, and yet I am exhausted? Some days are like that. Susy had a combination of bad gas and/or reflux, which made her upset and hungry, yet not inclined to eat when I offered her "nursies." She was a grumplepuss all morning, and it took me a good hour or so to actually make myself breakfast and eat it. By the time my food had settled, it was time for Vasi's lunch. How could a morning have gone by so quickly? Fortunately Susy fell asleep while I was on the phone with my mom. She's still sleeping. Vasi managed to fall asleep too... not without a "fight" of course, but hey, she's down and that's what counts.
Some days I wish I could just sit and hug and kiss and cuddle and give them my undivided attention.
But I do appreciate this silence right now. I will enjoy it. I don't even want to use the bathroom... why waste precious blogging time/down time with emptying my bladder? Does anyone else ever feel that way? :)
Here's a funny thought. I noticed that there's a new "Monday Menu Planner" thing going around the blogosphere. I was going to do it, until I saw my sister's (Carrie, see sidebar) Monday Menu. Then I sort of dropped my proverbial fork and lost my gumption. Can I just say she's amazing? And I'm not? Go check out her blog... though not for the easily intimidated.
Thank you all for your comments and prayers in regards to Larry. His memorial service last Saturday was a wonderful event. It was so great to be surrounded by such loving family members, remembering his life. Now? We're just moving along, painfully adjusting to him not being with us anymore. We all miss his presence so much.
Above is a photo of Vasi and her cousin Beth. Beth and her parents live in Canada, so we don't get to see them very often. The two girls hit it off and had a great time together. Sunday, incidentally, was Beth's birthday! We celebrated at our home with all of the family. I made a huge taco salad and a vanilla ice cream cake (the birthday girl's request). My B&SIL bought a pinata, and they all had a great time. Yesterday the girls wore "princess hats" made from the salvaged pinata. Pretty cute. It was a whimsical sight to behold two pretty princesses gracing our brick pathway.
3 comments:
Katie
Love that picture!!! Such a "little girl" moment!)-
I love silence- in fact I think I like it too much. So - I totally understand your thoughts. although when mother nature calls- you should go!
I'm so glad little Susannah fell asleep after her rough morning.
Love & prayers- marm
Well, Happy Birthday to Beth and I love the princess hats!
girls are so fun!
glad you were able to have yourself a moment.
Post a Comment