I don't know if I should stop blogging for Lent. I've never "given up" blogging during fasting periods... but this year I'm kind of considering it. I really, really enjoy it. But then that's all the more reason to "lay it aside"? Perhaps? Perhaps. Well, either way I decide, you'll know :)
My sister Carrie has a new blog! She's my culinary heroine... I love to cook and bake, but Carrie has taken it all to a new level. Check out the "Oreganic Thrifty" to learn more about thrifty organic cooking, and how to do it best right here in Oregon (what? you thought "thrifty" and "organic" was oxymoron? No ma'am!). While I certainly don't eat uber-healthy 100% of the time, Carrie has certainly been an encouragement and an inspiration to me, by introducing new cooking methods and products that have benefited my health and the well-being of my family. One thing I love about Carrie? When I go to her house and open her fridge, a whole new world is revealed to me. Her fridge is stocked full of homemade EVERYTHING. In place of the familiar brand-named food packages standard of most American homes, you'll find row after row of pyrex storage dishes filled with broth, yogurt, kefir, kombucha, beet kvass, cream cheese--ALL homemade. Yep, it's the kind of fermented food that's OKAY to eat. Goodness knows I can't say the same for my fridge. :)
All right, I'd better scoot off to bed. Tomorrow will be busy.
Please forgive me a sinner, and if I have offended you at all. Have a blessed Lenten Journey!
3 comments:
Awesome! What a great blog! and, I'd miss you dearly!
Ooh, gotta check that out....and man Carrie has inspired me just by your description :) i am far too lazy right now. too many good ideas not enough action. ug.
Thanks, sister!
You are too kind. It's more appropriate to say "when I open Carrie's fridge, I see jar after jar of brown liquid or white creamy substance and there is nothing readily available to eat". Oh wait, that's what DH says!
Thanks so much for the blog announcement! I appreciate it so much!
Post a Comment