"Change" (watercolor and pen) by K.T.So, Job and I are on a new adventure. In just two weeks, we will close on a new home. Well, Lord willing. Earlier in Feb., we made an offer on a home in a small town about 30 minutes south of where we are now. The past few weeks have been a blur with inspections, strategizing with our real estate broker, getting paperwork filled out and loan stuff flowin'. Needless to say, it's enough to make us completely content to NEVER MOVE AGAIN. But you never know. :)
I've been keeping busy with getting the interior in line. We have an allowance to get the flooring re-done, so I've been busy with flooring estimates and evaluating carpet and laminate samples. It's actually pretty fun. Overwhelming at times, but in a happy way. Although I have to get the paint colors figured out and purchased by Sat. so we can start painting before the floors are installed. My mind is in a complete color-tizzy.
I've been using the Devine line of paint that Miller has to offer. It's got a nice palette to choose from that isn't too incredibly overwhelming, plus they offer a "green" line of paint that offers a safe yet stellar outcome. This paint is great, I have been using it to apply samples to the walls, and it's lovely to work with.
But wouldn't you know? After going round and round for days, weeks, on what colors to use.... I'm now just considering "white." At least for the living room... maybe dining and kitchen, too. I mean, it's a safe bet.... I won't get sick of it anytime soon. It's bright, and it goes with everything :) So many of the colors I'm drawn to right now are very "in", and I'm just worried I'm gonna end up with a home that looks like a Starbucks lobby.
Fortunately I've been getting some good advice from some friends. It's funny, this afternoon I applied some more paint samples to the walls. The only colors I've felt really strongly about and really liked 100% are the two colors that Job has voted against. Hehehe... so funny. Back to the drawing board!
Yes, white is looking better all the time!
7 comments:
Awesome !Congratulations!
In considering white- you might want to consider more of a beige tone- because white walls on a sunny day- can be glaringly bright. ( just speaking from personal experience).
In the eighties- everything was painted white! I wouldn't worry about being out of date....cycles repeat....the avocado green of the 70's is back!!
Love
Marm
Congrats!! Good for you!
I grew up in a house with white walls, and I always told myself that I would plaint everything crazy colors when I had my own place. But lately, I have found many design-savvy people do the white-wall thing with amazing success. For one thing, art loves a white wall. And you are an artist.
The main thing is to be intentional about it, and not choose white just because it is "safe." Paint is relatively cheap.
yay! that is so exciting! can't wait to see pictures...
Get the white tinted with a couple drops of blue or lavendar or beige. They will remain looking white, but add just a teeny hint of hazy color to make the room feel warmer.
I believe in neutral tones. Easier to decorate and change decorative items whenever you want.
I guess I shouldn't quite complain that I can't repaint my walls, although I do quite wish for a painted kitchen. It's funny the things we always wish for and then, when we can get them, wonder if we really want to!
Post a Comment