original watercolor K.T. 2008Happy Valentine's Day!
Go share a chocolate shake with your main squeeze (two straws, of course).
Slip a cherry-flavored, heart-shaped sucker to your best friend.
Drink a 1/2 gallon of red Kool-Aid.
Eat a pink cupcake with white frosting and red sprinkles.
Pick out the caramels and coconuts and throw away the maple walnut creams.
Each year as Valentine's Day approaches, I remember my very favorite childhood V-day memory. A boy that I actually had a secret crush on passed me a note in 7th grade history class. "Kaite (sic) Will you go out with me?"
I said I'd answer him by 7th period... I needed to spend the day discussing it with my friends (girls mustn't rush into these things, after all). My answer was "yes."
It was good while it lasted, all 3 months of our "dating" time. He came to one of my soccer games that spring and, afterwards, presented me with a beautiful rose. hehehe.... not bad for a 13 year old boy!
I think that will be a Valentine's Day I'll always remember vividly (I even remember the weather and the exact outfit I wore), mainly because every year since oh, the 3rd grade I had ALWAYS hoped that something cool and romantic would happen to me on Feb. 14th. You know, a secret admirer or two or three. I don't know where such romantic notions got into my head. Must've been those Babysitter Club books I read. :)
But now I'm blessed to have my TRUE dream fulfilled in having a sweet, amazing husband and a crazy little blonde amost-two year old. They are my real valentines. There, I had to end on that note lest anyone think I'm pining away and dwelling on the splendors of jr. high romances.
5 comments:
What a beautiful post! Happy Valentine's Day!
XK,
This intro was awesome:
Go share a chocolate shake with your main squeeze (two straws, of course).
Slip a cherry-flavored, heart-shaped sucker to your best friend.
Drink a 1/2 gallon of red Kool-Aid.
Eat a pink cupcake with white frosting and red sprinkles.
Pick out the caramels and coconuts and throw away the maple walnut creams.
So whimsical, capricious, and true to the day.
Nice! Happy day to you!
LOVED the post and Watercolor!
Can I get a print?
Hope V had a happy V-day!
( You, too!)
Marm
Oh my gosh. I had almost forgotton about the BabySitters' Club books! Wow...
I love the heart tree by the way :).
Post a Comment