You see, since my last post, I decided that I just needed to bite the bullet and cut my hair. That's right, just chop it off and get it out of my system. In the past 48 hours I had come to inherit a small fortune, and the first thing I decided to do with it was, indeed, look up a trendy, chic salon and get an expensive, short haircut.
I was in luck, they did indeed have a stylist available named "Rolfe." He tousled my hair for a while and exclaimed his VISION for my hair. He knew exactly what style would flatter my features, and I trusted him completely.

He chopped off my hair and I loved it.

I threw fistfuls of money at him for his payment. Rolfe was delighted. I don't know how much I gave him, but it had to be in the hundreds. I figured whatever was left over would be his tip. Yes, now that I was a small-scale heiress, money did not matter.

The haircut flattered me in every way, shape and form. It was everything I could have imagined. I chided myself for waiting so darn long to get my hair shorn. Life was only NOW beginning! I even looked amazing in my post-partum photos, hospital gown and all.
Time passed.... and I loved my short hair. But I did start to miss having it long. It was then that I decided I'd grow it out. Wow, that was a boost to my self-esteem. For a year I did all I could repair my hair. I tried putting my hair in a million pony tails and barrettes. I tried hats and scarves. Nothing worked very well. I was miserable.
And now I'm here. With in-between hair. It's wild and crazy, and I just can't wait for it to grow out longer. Yes, once it is longer, life will be perfect.
The End.
I'm really pretending that I cut my hair short. I'm pretending that it was fabulous, and that the experience squelched all curiosity and desire to crop my hair off. I'm pretending that I've already gone through the horrible, growing-out stage. And now I am here, ready and willing to grow it out long. I'm not gonna cut it at all in the year 2008. There, that's my resolution: no hair cuts (other than small trims).
6 comments:
Hilarious! You made me laugh!
Thanks
I love you!!
Marm
I agree, giggling along here too!
i Totally hear you on this......i've had long hair since i was a girl. i cut it short my sr year of hs and kept it shortish until a and i were married. now it's to the bottom of my back and i go through the "should i cut it??" thing every so often. the truth is i like it long especially with my multiplying grays...braids, down, bun, etc, etc...i always regret cutting it a few months after and dread the growing out period.
love the cartoon brainstorm. you're awesome :)
I love the illustrations!
I know exactly how you feel. ForEVER I had always wanted long hair. My mom would cut always while I was little. She said it was because I had bald patches and it grew in so unevenly. :) When I was old enough to make my own decision I would grow it because I always wanted long hair....never making it past that dreaded in-between stage before giving up. For the first time EVER I can now say I have long hair! I have not cut my hair in 4 years! Some days I think about cutting it but for the most part I love it. I can braid or bun it and and run!
I loved your story! I loved the drawings!
What great drawings! I agree, sometimes the cutting can be "free-ing" but afterwards there can be such regret... and you're stuck with it for a LONG time! I'm at that in-between stage now where it's "shoulder length" but not actually long enough to stay BEHIND my shoulders... so it keeps flipping down the front of my shoulders every few minutes. Touching the sides of my neck and itching like crazy! Time to buy a snood, I think. :-)
Post a Comment