Now I know why they say "don't go grocery shopping on an empty stomach." All I had this morning was one egg (I usually have two eggs, but we were down to one) with a bit of cheese on top. So today when I went grocery shopping with a roaring tummy, I ended up with quite a few non-typical purchases. A pack of muffins from the bakery, gouda cheese wheels, a big bottle of cherry juice, breakfast sausage... just to name a few. Weird.
I came home and tore into a several different packages and sent it down the hatch, chased with some said cherry juice.
Um... I have a stomachache now?
Not to mention I came home from the store only to see that my lovely whole chicken sitting in the crockpot was still cold and most likely harvesting a farm o' bacteria. I forgot to plug in the crockpot. What happens if you cook a chicken that's been sitting out at room temperature for 2+ hours? I guess we'll find out later... I plugged in my Rival slow cooker and (still) plan on serving up some chicken for dinner. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Our church had it's 10 year anniversary celebration last night. It was fantastic. They served a nice dinner, had a slide show presentation of the past 10 years and then finished the evening with some Greek dancing. It was quite fun. I feel so blessed to be in such a great church community.
After a very busy weekend (including my sister's bachelorette party, my husband's company picnic, our friend Silouan's baptism and a birthday party for my good friend Megan), it is good to be at home and slog (that's my word for "doing nothing"). This next week should be pretty low-key, until Friday when we head up to Yakima to start preparing for my SISTER'S WEDDING!!! *sigh* I'm trying not to be too sad. Last night was her final night in Portland... she traveled up to Yak today to prepare for the wedding, and after the honeymoon she and her husband will start their live in California. *tear*
Happy Feast of the Cross to my Orthodox brothers and sisters! Hope you're having a good day. Go make sure your crock pot is plugged in, okay?
P.S. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR COOL WEATHER CLOTHES TIPS! I really found them helpful and you know... maybe I'll hit up the thrift store this afternoon :) I'm really kicking myself in the teeth with this whole no-product placement thing, eh? *wink*
2 comments:
Oh no, I'm sure it'll be fine, just extra defrosted (says the vegetarian, grin!)
Enjoy the wedding. What part of California?
Here's a little secret:
The other day I took out some lunch meat (turkey) from the freezer, and I completely forgot about and it was out for a long time, I'm not exactly sure how long, but probably too long. Let's just say, it wasn't cold anymore. Well, I made sandwiches with it. Everyone is fine. :) Shhhhhhh.
Post a Comment