

So my dear sister is now wed to my new and very nice brother-in-law. They are enjoying a honeymoon in Mexico now (somewhere near Cancun). The wedding was gorgeous! The sun was bright, the sky was clear and there was only a small chill to the wind... your ideal "autumn" day! There was quite the conclave of clergy and bridal party attendants. The more the merrier, right? Everything went off without a hitch. But then again, what really could go wrong in an Orthodox wedding when it's all sacramental and not viewed as a "performance". Orthodox churches are so beautiful that they rarely require additional decoration or floral arrangements.
It was fun to visit Yakima for the first time and meet the kind community of people there. We stopped at the monastery on the way up and on the way back, but both times we were too early to visit the gift store. We just stopped long enough to stretch our legs, and spy a few nuns from a distance going about their morning duties. We hoped for a bit of "grace" via osmosis by just being there, and I think we received it because our little station wagon made it to and from Yakima just fine. Glory to God! I true miracle--err--blessing indeed! :)
This week was spent recovering from the busy weekend and just holing up at home. It was one of those weeks where I made few outings and even blew extra dough at the grocery store down the street for the sheer sake of convenience... not wanting to do much "bargain shopping" elsewhere. I feel like I did get some stuff done around the house though, so I wasn't completely lazy!
V. is doing well! Saying more and more words. Acquiring more expressions and talents. Cracking us up with her antics a little more each day. She likes to draw a lot--wahooo! I love it. :) Except when she wants to "draw with me" and interrupt my doodling.
I hope you're all well!
3 comments:
Gorgeous photos and Many Years to the newlyweds!
that reminds me of when I opened the computer this morning and Addie immediately came to me with a book. More reading time! Hooray!
I'm really glad the wedding went well for everyone!
Katie
I keep looking at these pictures to remind me of what blue sky looks like! I thank God for His mercy in granting us beautiful weather for this beautiful wedding. ( considering this current long spell of nasty weather)
Thanks for posting!
Mom
Post a Comment