About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Stewarship Illustrations for my parish

I'm a bit "scanner happy" now that my sweet Job brought a scanner that finally works! Two Christmases ago he gave me a scanner, but it was never compatible with Linux (yep, Xenia and Job are "Linux people"). So the other day at work, Job's peeps were throwing out some equipment and- ta da!-- Job snagged us a monster of a scanner. Within a very short time period, he was able to hook it up to our home PC-- whamo!-- IT WORKS!!!

I've been waiting for two years for some scanning capabilities. Now I can finally upload more of my (silly) drawings and artwork. Now I'll have a little more motivation to draw, since I know I can share it with others. The scanner will also enable me to upload more work for professional purposes. I'd like to submit some work to small publishers for some potential illustration work.

Above are two drawings I've done for our parishes' Stewardship committee. This summer the S.C. has been adding illustrated inserts into the weekly church bulletin. This serves a twofold purpose of giving visual reminders to encourage stewardship (not just money, but also giving our time and talent during the summer) and to give the children at our church something fun to look at.

It's been a fun little project. A few people have given some good feedback, which was encouraging. I just see it as a way to use my gift to for the benefit of my parish. In fact, I'm off to Kinkos to get this week's insert printed. I'll upload it soo to share.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Those are so awesome! Good job!

Bluecanopy said...

that's a great idea...and a great stewdardship of YOUR talents :)

the dad in the second pic bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain guy named....job :)

Lauren S. said...

I love those! Very cute...and such good reminders, too. :)