This weekend turned out to be very nice. Job and I had a little "vacation" from Newberg, on accident, rather. We drove in to Vespers, ended up having dinner with the Thieneses (amazing meatloaf by the way, Carrie!) and decided to stay the night at my folks house to save us a drive home to Newberg. Fortunately, we also had about three loads of laundry with us that needed to be done (my mom is amazing like that) and so we were adequately outfitted for church on Sunday. :)
Since we were a little closer to church, having stayed at my parents house, we managed to get there for most of Orthros, which I was very happy about. However, I didn't get to enjoy it, OR Liturgy for that matter, b/c I was battling with some general pregnancy discomfort that kept me in and out of the nave. I was a bit worried about taking the Eucharist, but glory to God, I felt fine after having taken it. The discomfort and queasiness came to an end.
After church, Mom took my brother, Job and I out to lunch (Carl's Jr... big time spenders here :D), and that was nice. Then Mom and I went to Goodwill where I found some clothes that--yay!--FIT.
Our day concluded with some more running around, then a nap, and then my mom graciously offered to make us dinner before our journey home. My mom's just awesome like that-- I hope yours is too. So, it was pancakes and sausage for dinner :) I honestly couldn't pass up her pancakes...
Job and I then started our journey home, with three loads of (clean!) laundry in tow and lots of other junk that we managed to acquire over the course of our weekend "getaway."
Today after church, my dad traveled to Seattle to check out a little diesel Rabbit, which he hopes to buy and convert into a "grease car." Very cool! He's had a tough time finding a good, non-pricey diesel, b/c right now they're apparently hot on the market. So, hopefully his journey was not spent in vain.
Speaking of cars, last weekend Job and I checked out an '89 Subaru wagon. It was cheap, but it was a no go. Oh well, at least we're getting out there and learning about the world of subarus :) We have several friends and contacts who are subaru enthusiasts, so fortunately we have some references nearby.
I hope you had a restful weekend. Next weekend is the women's retreat-- so maybe I'll see you there? :)
(Oh yeah, I also dragged my sweet husband to see 'Shopgirl' on Friday night. It was okay... I just wanted to see it to get it out of my system, you know? Some movies are like that. There was a lot more, um, "intimacy" in it than I cared for... oh well, maybe that's just me being naive again. Go see it if you absolutely have to, otherwise you won't miss out on much if you wait for the dvd or... skip it all together).
4 comments:
i'm glad you had a nice weekend. moms are great.
mom's are great! we had pancakes and sausage for lunch after church:)
That sounds like a lovely weekend, I agree, it's so cool when your mom does your laundry. Mine does it when she visits too!
It must have been going around, we had eggs, falsage, and potatos for dinner on Saturday too!
That is so funny, I can't believe you three had the same meal this weekend! Must've been something about the weather... ;) I dunno.
Post a Comment