About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Good intentions

Today I woke up, started the day as usual. Job took the kids to school (HURRAH! I'm the luckiest woman in the world), and I fed Joe his breakfast, which oftentimes looks something like a three-course meal, topped off with a large portion of my own breakfast. *sigh* Such is the life of a mom.

Then I actually got PRODUCTIVE, folks! I decided to fix our living room icon corner/ bookshelf. I took down all of the books, read and unread, that belong to other people. I stuck post-its on them, with the names of their respective owners and I'm determined to return them! Then I plucked books we've never read off of the shelves, and I put them in a bag to sell at our local bookstore. And I even did it! After picking up Susy, we went to the bookstore, and I sold some books. Don't ask me which ones, though, okay? After sharing my accomplishment with my dear hubby....well, let's just say I *might* or might not have to return tomorrow to try and get a book or two back. Gulp. Good intentions, right? I tried.

Because I was clearing out my bookshelves, I became engrossed with a book I hadn't read before. Just as I was about to chuck it, I gave it one more glance-over, and I was hooked. So hooked that I lost track of time, and I was late for picking up Susy at preschool. I felt terrible. I still feel terrible, actually. If this were just a one-time event, I wouldn't feel so bad. But being on time is a huge struggle for me.

So it was a busy day, and I can't believe that it's already 10:30 pm. It was nice to have a break from sewing or obsessing about sewing today, though. My house can only handle so much neglect, afterall. Ick.

I was hoping to finish the dreaded jumpers I've been hacking away at for the past two (three) weeks. But my energy is dwindling.... You see, I had this great idea that I'd sew Vasi's school uniforms this year. I made her blouses and two skirts for school, and they're worn just about every day. So, two months later, it's high time I have something else added to her uniform repertoire, right? The jumpers are made out of the same navy stretch twill as her skirts, but the pattern is so nit-picky and scattered... sort of tricky to follow. I haven't had much success with the Project Runway pattern line by Simplicity. I keep making really dumb mistakes, and my motivation has slid a great deal. But, they are almost done... so I can't quit now, right? I did get a confidence boost when I saw some Lands End-brand school uniform jumpers in Sears yesterday, and realized mine didn't look too shabby in comparison.

I might need some more (stevia-sweetened) vanilla tapioca to get me motivated, though...

2 comments:

Martha said...

I love your blog...really I do, but it is still SO hard to read. That font is just too big or something.

Xenia Kathryn said...

OOh! Thank you! I always forget that. I'll see if I can fix it :D Thanks, Martha!