
Mr. Turtle Quilt, for my own sweet Baby Boy :)

Quilt detail

Full quilt shot (with flash, unfortunately)
New decorations hanging over Baby's crib. This spot on our wall has been bare ever since we moved here-- it's nice to have something there now! It goes well for Baby without being overly babyish, which is nice since his crib is in our room :)

Full quilt shot (with flash, unfortunately)
New decorations hanging over Baby's crib. This spot on our wall has been bare ever since we moved here-- it's nice to have something there now! It goes well for Baby without being overly babyish, which is nice since his crib is in our room :)
Beignet skirt... almost done! I placed the unattached buttons on the yet-to-be-finished skirt, to give you an idea of what the finished product should look like. Let's pretend I don't have mega-prego-brain and let's pretend I haven't misplaced the last pair of matching brown buttons. Let's pretend those last two maroon buttons are brown, shall we? The skirt could probably use a good pressing. The fabric is an orange, wool fabric (I think). I got it from a friend who was cleaning out her fabric stash. I had the perfect amount for this skirt! The skirt is lined with fabric from an old sheet (see below). I'm so thrilled that this skirt has pockets! I love a good skirt with pockets! My only regret is that I have to be so very patient before I can actually fit into this... maybe by Fall? Hence, the wool will be perfect. I'll definitely make more from this pattern in the future (well, unless the skirt ends up looking horrible on me! :D). It was great to try something more involved, and I know I learned a lot from the clear instructions.
Lastly, a nice, comfy "postpartum" shirt. I've used this pattern five times now, and it's finally, FINALLY easy! I cut out the fabric and sewed half of it in an evening. I finished most of it the following evening, and today I just added the finished touches while the girls ate their lunch.
It's a beautiful "April Cornell" fabric made my Moda, I think? It is supposedly cotton, but it feels a little different than a normal quilting cotton. Very smooth and has a nice, comfy feel to it. Could use a pressing, too... don't mind the wrinkles :)
I can't wait to wear it! It fits everywhere... except over my belly. Which is why it will be a perfect postpartum shirt :) Here's a shot of the top half. I'll spare you the monstrous, exposed belly shot!Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments, your encouragement and your prayers!!! I appreciate it so much-- I feel so loved!
If you'd like to see more of my sewing work from the past year, check out my new Flickr gallery (see sidebar) if you haven't already.
11 comments:
Oh, those are very fun! I love your turtle quilt! That is so sweet!
And I like the skirt and top a lot. Good for you for being productive up until the end. I always fall apart.
You guys will have such fun with a boy.
I love the garments! WOW! I wasn't picturing the skirt correctly before (even though I saw the link to the pattern). And i LOVE the blouse -- such pretty material ;) You don't even look preg. in the photo you took of yourself.
Awesome job!
WELL DONE! I am so impressed! I love orange - my favorite color. Cute quilt too! You have inspired me - maybe I will try and sew a blouse for myself!
Oh, that turtle quilt is fab !
I too love the colour and styling of the clothes. You are so talented !
Prayers continue for you all.
Jonesey,
Yes, trying hard not to fall apart either! hehehe :D
Iconography Girl,
Thank you re: the garments and THANK YOU re: the "self portrait"! I'm glad you like the fabric...! hehehe.
Katbat,
Yes, go for it! Sew something fun for yourself, it's such a treat. Especially as the summer approaches (wait... is it summer in Moscow? Is that a really dumb question?). Glad you like orange, too!
Elizabeth,
Thank you so much! I always appreciate your prayers, especially since you've been reading this old blog of mine throughout all three of pregnancies over the past years! :D thank you!
how neat! love these things you made!! great job!
wow...I love Mr Turtle...your skirt and shirt...orange is a good color....very cheerful!!!
I am so impressed! The quilt is adorable and the decorations about the crib have inspired me. I need to add little details like that all around our house. We've lived her for a year now, and it still doesn't feel homey to me. I just don't like the idea of spending money at all. I think Goodwill needs a quick visit from me :)
I LOVE that Turtle quilt!!
( perhaps a premonition- if this boy decides to be pokey to appear :)
You are truly on a sewing roll....
very nice work!!!
love
marm
By the way, if you never find those other two brown buttons, the two you used as place holders would look cute as the top two...
A Me quilt!! How cool!
Post a Comment