The statue of LiberVee
Cute stuff!
Work and play CAN go hand in hand. V. helps with the extension cord while my dear mother mows our lawn! (Thanks Marm!)
Even Midnight gets a party bag!
This photo isn't from the weekend, but it does give you an idea of how utterly large I am.... 3 weeks to go! Meh. Lord have mercy!
We had an extremely busy weekend! My mom came over Friday afternoon and helped with some yard work. She mowed the front and back lawn, dug up some weeds and helped spread bark mulch. She even potted some plants for us. What a huge blessing! Thank you, Mom! Susy took a huge nap while all of that occurred. Vasi played in the driveway, rode her scooter, helped water plants, helped me plant some peas and herbs and wildflowers and turn some soil by hand. I really didn't do that much, but it was nice to get some seeds in the ground and just be outside. Friday evening we spent some time with Job's family, which was a nice treat.
Saturday was the day of the "Big party" for our two Spring chickadees. Yes, we will eventually have a "third" spring chickadee, but he decided not to arrive in time for his sisters' party. So, we just had a dual-celebration for both of our girls. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. We kept the menu as simple as possible (Dominos pizza, carrots, celery, apples, grapes and cupcakes). This really helped minimize prep-work and all of the stressing that can come with it... plus, some family and friends helped by bringing some items, too. For the party bags, I tried to keep it simple and free of cheap toys :) Just a fruit leather, a pack of fruity gum and a ziploc of Monkey Chow (easy to make, and pretty tasty!). And since I gave a shout of thanks to my mom above, I surely must give a shout out to my dad and sister Carrie who helped with clean-up after the party! It was a huge help. Did I mention we had 16 children and 13 (?) or so adults in attendance? Thank goodness the weather was nice and the yard was spruced up and inviting :)
The party was a fun occassion, but we spent that morning attending the funeral service of and saying good-bye to a beloved "yia yia" (grandmother) at our church. Yia yia Katina was a very special women, who always had a "spark" about her. Her faith ran very deep, and it showed to everyone around her. One of her sons happens to be a priest, and he shared such a loving, beautiful eulogy for his mother. May her Memory be eternal! Funerals are hard, but when a life has been well-lived and centered on Christ, it makes it an occasion of joy and transfigured beauty, as well.
Later that evening... AFTER the funeral, AFTER the party... we met up with some more of Job's family. We went to get pizza (yeah, more pizza :D haha!) with relatives on Job's dad's side. Job's dad, if you remember, passed away two years ago. We hadn't seen these relatives since his memorial service. On the tv at the pizza parlor, I noticed the Boston Celtics were playing. It was such a coincidence, because the night before Job's dad passed away, we watched the Celtics win the Championship (Job's dad was in the hospital, watching the game too-- he talked about the big win over the phone with Job just a few hours before his unexpected repose). For that reason (and it may be a silly one), the Celtics hold a special spot in my heart.
What a day! A reminder that life comes full circle. Especially as my own body aches and waddles in anticipation, 37 weeks pregnant. I'm so thankful for each little kick and flutter that I feel. It's usually at this point in my pregnancies that I really begin to worry about the "what-ifs" and the reality that "things" could still go wrong... Lord have mercy. Worrying will only do me harm, and I just need to remember there are no guarantees in life whatsoever. Just be thankful for this baby, and for my two other babies (okay, children :D), my husband-- everything!
Now, I just have to wait. Which is the hardest part, but I should know by now that everything will happen in good time and he'll be here before I know it. Today after church I came home and tried to nap with Susy. She was having none of it, though. I got frustrated. My sweet husband took the girls, and I decided to get off my rear and go for a walk on my own. It felt good to get out and stop dwelling on myself and my increasing desire for labor to BEGIN. I walked to a nearby Redbox to see if anything looked good. Nothing. I walked to my favorite coffee shop in the whole world and used a free coffee coupon. I dawdled. I walked home as briskly as I desired, sans stroller and pokey 4-year old. It felt very, very nice. If Mr. Baby decides to stay in utero for a full 40+ weeks, then I'm determined to walk at least once a day and remind myself that I'm not a wimp who is resigned to lie around and moan all of the time. Time to get pumped up (cue the 'A-Team' theme song)!!!
Okay, this is long enough as it is. I hope you had a glorious spring weekend! Happy May :) Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen (can't forget that-- we're still in the feast of Pascha, afterall :D).
OH! I have a question: Does anyone know what the meaning of the name Paisios means? I love Elder Paisios, I just don't know what the name itself means. I'd be curious to know if any of you have insight! :)
Saturday was the day of the "Big party" for our two Spring chickadees. Yes, we will eventually have a "third" spring chickadee, but he decided not to arrive in time for his sisters' party. So, we just had a dual-celebration for both of our girls. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun. We kept the menu as simple as possible (Dominos pizza, carrots, celery, apples, grapes and cupcakes). This really helped minimize prep-work and all of the stressing that can come with it... plus, some family and friends helped by bringing some items, too. For the party bags, I tried to keep it simple and free of cheap toys :) Just a fruit leather, a pack of fruity gum and a ziploc of Monkey Chow (easy to make, and pretty tasty!). And since I gave a shout of thanks to my mom above, I surely must give a shout out to my dad and sister Carrie who helped with clean-up after the party! It was a huge help. Did I mention we had 16 children and 13 (?) or so adults in attendance? Thank goodness the weather was nice and the yard was spruced up and inviting :)
The party was a fun occassion, but we spent that morning attending the funeral service of and saying good-bye to a beloved "yia yia" (grandmother) at our church. Yia yia Katina was a very special women, who always had a "spark" about her. Her faith ran very deep, and it showed to everyone around her. One of her sons happens to be a priest, and he shared such a loving, beautiful eulogy for his mother. May her Memory be eternal! Funerals are hard, but when a life has been well-lived and centered on Christ, it makes it an occasion of joy and transfigured beauty, as well.
Later that evening... AFTER the funeral, AFTER the party... we met up with some more of Job's family. We went to get pizza (yeah, more pizza :D haha!) with relatives on Job's dad's side. Job's dad, if you remember, passed away two years ago. We hadn't seen these relatives since his memorial service. On the tv at the pizza parlor, I noticed the Boston Celtics were playing. It was such a coincidence, because the night before Job's dad passed away, we watched the Celtics win the Championship (Job's dad was in the hospital, watching the game too-- he talked about the big win over the phone with Job just a few hours before his unexpected repose). For that reason (and it may be a silly one), the Celtics hold a special spot in my heart.
What a day! A reminder that life comes full circle. Especially as my own body aches and waddles in anticipation, 37 weeks pregnant. I'm so thankful for each little kick and flutter that I feel. It's usually at this point in my pregnancies that I really begin to worry about the "what-ifs" and the reality that "things" could still go wrong... Lord have mercy. Worrying will only do me harm, and I just need to remember there are no guarantees in life whatsoever. Just be thankful for this baby, and for my two other babies (okay, children :D), my husband-- everything!
Now, I just have to wait. Which is the hardest part, but I should know by now that everything will happen in good time and he'll be here before I know it. Today after church I came home and tried to nap with Susy. She was having none of it, though. I got frustrated. My sweet husband took the girls, and I decided to get off my rear and go for a walk on my own. It felt good to get out and stop dwelling on myself and my increasing desire for labor to BEGIN. I walked to a nearby Redbox to see if anything looked good. Nothing. I walked to my favorite coffee shop in the whole world and used a free coffee coupon. I dawdled. I walked home as briskly as I desired, sans stroller and pokey 4-year old. It felt very, very nice. If Mr. Baby decides to stay in utero for a full 40+ weeks, then I'm determined to walk at least once a day and remind myself that I'm not a wimp who is resigned to lie around and moan all of the time. Time to get pumped up (cue the 'A-Team' theme song)!!!
Okay, this is long enough as it is. I hope you had a glorious spring weekend! Happy May :) Christ is Risen! Truly He is Risen (can't forget that-- we're still in the feast of Pascha, afterall :D).
OH! I have a question: Does anyone know what the meaning of the name Paisios means? I love Elder Paisios, I just don't know what the name itself means. I'd be curious to know if any of you have insight! :)
7 comments:
Hang in there! I know many mothers who by the last weeks of pregancy were also eager for the little one's birth! Lord have mercy!
...don't know the meaning of the name but also love Elder Paisios...
Hang in there ! Enjoy the relative freedom of the last few weeks :-)
My prayers for a healthy and safe end of pregnancy and birth.
The photos were wonderful, BTW !
Petros says he doesnt know what it means, but it is used primarily for monks. It is not an everyday name.
Hang in there. Three weeks to go it the worst. Too far to get excited, to clost to put it out of your mind:)
here you go:
http://orthodoxwiki.org/Paisios_(Eznepidis)
I remembered running across orthoxwiki long ago...
Love the replay of you long day-you look so coy in that photo, it makes me laugh! You also resemble Christina-funny how all of you kids could have come from the same family (well, you do, sort of). I so miss all of you. I hate how the littles are growing up so fast too!
Take care, keeping you in my prayers,
Love & ((hugs))
Aunt Helen
This sounds absolutely wonderful, and you look fabulous! Happy Birthday to your spring babies, and prayers for your third spring baby!
I have no idea, I'm sorry.
How sweet of your mom to mow...but WOW you are getting big and I can imagine what a struggle it would be for you to mow! You look beautiful by the way!!! Are you considering Paisios as a name for the baby?
prayers for a safe and blessed birth. enjoy your full-moon tummy for the few days you have left!
Post a Comment