About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Good-bye, June!

As most Junes seem to go, ours seemed to whiz by! Two weekends ago we got to visit Thomas, as in Thomas the Train. It was a much anticipated event; a group from our church purchased tickets, like, nine months ago! That's right, promises of Thomas and Sir Topham Hat gestated for nine whole months, and the happy day finally arrived. It might was just as significant and mind-blowing as the births of my own children.... okay, I'm stretching the gestation analogy a bit... Um. Where was I? Oh! We had a great time! Here's our family with Sir Topham Hat himself!

(above) The amazing scenery of the Columbia Gorge, on our way home. I love this area, as it reminds me of the Goldendale Monastery, since pass through this area to get there. The teleophone poles always remind me of crosses.
(above) It was a windy day. We had a great time!
Kirsten and Vasi riding in the caboose! They got to climb to the lookout spot above for a really special view!
My mom and dad on Father's Day. They're a pretty darn cute couple, if I can say so :D

Speaking of cute, prepare to blow your mind with intense levels of WARM FUZZIES.... is there anything more shamelessly precious than babies with kittens? I dunno. I really don't.

Meet Midnight (aka "Midi", aka "Kitty", aka "KittyNoNoRio" according to Vasi... I think she thinks it's Spanish. Too much Dora!). Midnight has been with us for, let's see, two weeks now? As you can tell, she's crazy. I hadn't had a cat since I was 15... so at first I was kind of like "AAAAHHH! What did I just do?" But, like most things, Midi just needed some getting used to. The girls were timid of her at first, but now they take turns petting and pulling and squealing over her antics. Yep, I think we'll keep her. I made another one of these pious fellas! He's awaiting reassignment and is anxious to hear of his new mission. Yep, I've revived my forsaken Etsy shop. I might add more things of interest later.

In other bullet-wothy closing statements:

- Life has been busy, but good, around these parts. The past few days I've been cleaning up sopping messes created by certain mammals with inefficient bladder control. Mammals who shall remain nameless. So, that's been a little frustrating.

- Susy is teething *groan*

- I'm no longer on Facebook; I haven't been for a while, actually. Ingrid Tuesday, are you still out there? I realized that was the final frontier of our communication! I miss ya, and I hope we can keep in touch!

- Happy Name's Day to my niece, who celebrates her feast day tomorrow! St. John Maximovitch, intercede on our behalf! I was hoping to go to Liturgy tomorrow, but guess what? Our tire is flat! Can't be fixed in time for the service... we lack the necessary skills and will have to have the car towed to Les Schwab tomorrow. Maybe I'll pray for a miracle? :)

I hope you're all well, enjoying this gorgeous weather!

9 comments:

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I loved the photos. I'm a huge Thomas fan myself :-)

Mimi said...

What great photos! My boys both loved Thomas, but these train rides came when they were too old for them.

And, such a sweet kitty.

Known Alias: Ingrid Tuesday said...

Yes, I'm here! I miss you on Facebook. *Sad face*

jenny baker said...

your husband reminds me of jim from 'the office'. :)

we had a cat when i was little. one time i watched it give birth to kittens. i just remember thinking, "why is everything so wet?"

Susan Sophia said...

It is so good to hear an update from you and see pictures!
We LOVED Thomas! Past tense. Unfortunately my little guys have outgrown him, too early if you ask me.
Have a great July!

Emily said...

k-
it's emily...can you please send me your address for amy's baby shower
emilycminty at gmail dot com

Lauren S. said...

hey xk - i haven't had much time to blog, but wanted to tell you how much we love our little father bless doll, or er uh, "action figure"! ;)

it's officially an s family treasure! thank you!

Jane G Meyer said...

That little Father doll is unbelievable sweet... And Thomas--what a hoot. I've been playing with Thomas trains for thirteen years now, and I haven't grown out of them yet :)
Here's to hoping your July is just as joyful as your June...

Phronsie said...

Awww, I'm so jealous! You went to my hometown! When I grew up there it wasn't as big and crowded though... Thomas was here in Billings this weekend but we didn't get to go, maybe next year.