About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Three Years...





... but it feels like ages ago. No... in all honesty, it feels like that entire day took place on some dream-like parallel universe. Or perhaps Paradise. Surrounded by everyone that we love. Young and SKINNY--oh so skinny *sigh*.

A lot has changed since we got married. Just over ten months after our sweet June wedding, we became parents. Thrusted head-first into adulthood, you could say. And today, we are parents twice over--to two beautiful daughters.

Some days, when the demands of parenthood are extra-taxing, Job and I share exasperated smiles and we say, "We're just babies!" How in the world did we, two aloof, young, unsuspecting kids, find ourselves here? A mortgage, two babies, a lawn to mow and a station wagon? A far cry from the lazy college days of minimal responsibility.

Amidst all of the rapid-fire changes that have filled these first three years, there is one thing that hasn't changed. I'm still so very in love. I mean, in all truth, it's only been three years... we're still kinda newlyweds :) And I am so thankful to have Job as my life partner and husband.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary!

jenny baker said...

you're so beautiful! happy anniversary!

Mimi said...

Happy Anniversary! It seems so recent and yet so long ago!
Many Years!

Susan Sophia said...

May God grant you many, many years!!!!

Helenrr said...

Congratulations! It was a beautiful, wonderful time, just like now...enjoy your days. May God bless you both, and your little ones as well. :)

MamaBirdEmma said...

Happy Anniversary! God Grant You Many Years!

Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Happy anniversary !
May God grant you all Many Years !

Katie said...

happy anniversary to you two! that's so cool. I feel the same way about our last three years ... I just talked to a friend of mine after three years, and it felt like our world has changed many times in three years! I wouldn't trade it for the world, and I'm sure you feel the same way. You've grown so much these past few years, and I'm really proud of you for being such a good mom to those two.

oh, p.s., alex is fine, but she wasn't after she feel on the bed ... bloody mouth, split gums, fat lip, and 20 minutes of straight comfort nursing! poor girl. now she sleeps on the floor! I'll call you soon to set up a time to meet.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Happy 3 years! I just remembered that Mike and I got engaged the day before your wedding ;). I should have remembered that....sorry. Also sorry if we're aloof neighbors for a few days ;) - Mike got a cold, and now I'm getting a cold. Bleh. But happy anniversary!!!

Phronsie said...

Awww, you and another friend I have both had your 3 yr's on the same day! Congrats! I'm laptopless so I didn't get a chance to get online and wish you a happy anniversary on the day... :(