About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Monday, May 19, 2008

Mother, May I?

The above photo is from our family "Mother's Day" celebration. My niece, K., is (to the left) and V. are mesmerized by the Charlie Brown Valentine's Day DVD.
I promise, my daughter doesn't sit in front of the tube watching Charlie all day. It's just that I find it so amusing how she "zones out" so much while watching it. This particular evening was especially entertaining, as both of these little blondies sat enthralled and so encapsulated with the storyline. Who'd have ever guessed? Oh, and that's my own mom holding her newest grandbaby, Susannah :)

Speaking of which... Susannah is doing quite well! She's a very calm baby. She really only gets cranky when she wants food (naturally) or when she's pooping. Oh, the life and times of a newborn baby. Today we had her 2 week follow up appointment, and my little 6 lb. 14 oz. pea pod is now a "whopping" 8 lbs. 6 oz.! I really don't know if that's normal growth for an infant, but hey, nearly two pounds in two weeks! Already growing so fast!

Right now both of the sweetpeas are sleeping. I expect one or the other or both to wake up any second now. Only T-minus 2 hours until Job gets home. Hmm... not a bad "first" day! It went by rather fast.

By the way, I really appreciated all of your advice in the previous post! I think that all of you had very helpful and good things to say. Vasilia is doing fairly well with all that's been going on. She actually really loves her little sister and calls her "Suso" and "Suko" and even a very delicate and lady-like "SusAUnnah" (accent on the first "a"). Of course she's still, at times, a defiant 2-year old, AND quickly learning that she has to share the spotlight with her little sister. Really though, it could be a lot worse. I sincerely hope that these two little girls grow up to be close, loving friends.

3 comments:

Lauren S. said...

we've never seen the valentine charlie brown, but hannah loves the christmas one. cute little blondies. glad everything is going well!

Anonymous said...

Katie

What cracks me up with this picture is even our dog "Joey"- is lined up with the girls- watching Charlie Brown- ( or maybe snoopy!)

While they are mesmerized by the video- "marmee" is mesmerized by
my precious newborn granddaughter!

me

Phronsie said...

Awww! That's funny! Xavi is so into Disney's Cars it's not funny, we watch it every time we sit to watch a movie... It gets old but that's ok, LOL!

I think it sounds like normal baby growth, I have no idea, Xavier didn't really add too much weight in the two weeks before his appt. Granted he was 9 lbs and then lost some ounces before we left... He was only up to 9 4 at his 2 wk, but she was all "He's fine, he's gaining it back and he's perfectly healthy". I think as long as they're gaining, they're good! :)

She's so cute, btw!! If you keep having girls I may have to live vicariously through you, hubby is convinced we're having all boys (and it wouldn't suprise me if we did!). I want at least one girl!