
She's HERE!
Meet Susannah Laura Marie!
She was born Sunday morning at 4:28 am, just 2 hours after we arrived at the hospital. Over two weeks early, she is a little small (but not too small), with a birth weight of 6 lbs. 14 oz (19" long). But--thanks be to God--she is perfectly healthy.
We came home yesterday afternoon, after picking up Big Sister at Grandma and Grandpa's house. So far home life is going fairly well. V. is still adjusting to so many changes (like our move two weeks ago) and is very good at being a two year old. But she loves her new baby sister a lot, even if she does have to share mommy and (especially) daddy. hehehe.
"Susie" is a sweetheart who loves to sleep and eat and cuddle. She really is so mild and calm... at least so far! Don't quote me on that :)
The birth itself went very well. I labored mostly at home on Sat. night... and in the car for the hour long journey from our home to the hospital (with a stop to drop off V. at my folks'). I'm SOOO THANKFUL we made it to the hospital in time! It was a beautiful, un-meddled with birth that very much just "happened." Again, thanks be to God. His mercy endureth forever.
How did we come up with her name? Well, I sort of let Job pick one out once she was born. I thought he made an excellent choice :) "Susannah" is sort of a family name on my side, and it also means "lily" in Hebrew. St. Susannah was also one of the myrrh-bearing women, so our little girl's feast day will be next Sunday! Pretty cool, huh? "Laura" is after my father-in-law, Larry, and "Marie" is after both of Steve's grandmothers (both named Mary) and my paternal grandmother (named Marisa) and of course the Theotokos.
So there you go! Our hearts are brimming with joy. Thank you so much for your love and prayers throughout my pregnancy and in these past few days. And thanks to the mystery commenter who posted the news of the birth? I think that was you Mom? :D hehehe.
Please e-mail me at steve and katie 6505 at yahoo dot com (no spaces) if you'd like to see some more pictures. I'd love to share more with you here, but I'm kind of on a "photo privacy" kick. ;) I know, no fun (we'll see how long that lasts). But honestly, just contact me if you'd like more of the good stuff!
Meet Susannah Laura Marie!
She was born Sunday morning at 4:28 am, just 2 hours after we arrived at the hospital. Over two weeks early, she is a little small (but not too small), with a birth weight of 6 lbs. 14 oz (19" long). But--thanks be to God--she is perfectly healthy.
We came home yesterday afternoon, after picking up Big Sister at Grandma and Grandpa's house. So far home life is going fairly well. V. is still adjusting to so many changes (like our move two weeks ago) and is very good at being a two year old. But she loves her new baby sister a lot, even if she does have to share mommy and (especially) daddy. hehehe.
"Susie" is a sweetheart who loves to sleep and eat and cuddle. She really is so mild and calm... at least so far! Don't quote me on that :)
The birth itself went very well. I labored mostly at home on Sat. night... and in the car for the hour long journey from our home to the hospital (with a stop to drop off V. at my folks'). I'm SOOO THANKFUL we made it to the hospital in time! It was a beautiful, un-meddled with birth that very much just "happened." Again, thanks be to God. His mercy endureth forever.
How did we come up with her name? Well, I sort of let Job pick one out once she was born. I thought he made an excellent choice :) "Susannah" is sort of a family name on my side, and it also means "lily" in Hebrew. St. Susannah was also one of the myrrh-bearing women, so our little girl's feast day will be next Sunday! Pretty cool, huh? "Laura" is after my father-in-law, Larry, and "Marie" is after both of Steve's grandmothers (both named Mary) and my paternal grandmother (named Marisa) and of course the Theotokos.
So there you go! Our hearts are brimming with joy. Thank you so much for your love and prayers throughout my pregnancy and in these past few days. And thanks to the mystery commenter who posted the news of the birth? I think that was you Mom? :D hehehe.
Please e-mail me at steve and katie 6505 at yahoo dot com (no spaces) if you'd like to see some more pictures. I'd love to share more with you here, but I'm kind of on a "photo privacy" kick. ;) I know, no fun (we'll see how long that lasts). But honestly, just contact me if you'd like more of the good stuff!
12 comments:
Congratulations! May God bless your Susannah and grant her many years!
Congratulations!
I love the name and oh so perfect with the Feast coming up. I was going to tell you that there is a long time tradition of naming your baby after it was born and picking the saint of the day. I know a lot of people who did that or at least picked one right around the birth.
We named our youngest for the Patron of the day he was born...Joseph of Arimathea, which also is celebrated this sunday as well as July 31st.
Sorry for rambling.
I pray the adjustments go well.
Yeah! Congrats to you guys. Great name! So glad everything went well.
Woohoo! my mom even sends her congrats all the way from Greece:) I got your email with the pics and the first one looks so much like Vasi!
I will have to figure out a day to come down and visit you!
I did already hear, but I am always game to look at such a beautiful little one again! Congratulations, my friend! Thanks be to God! She's beautiful!
And many Years!
Glory to God that all is well with your new arrival !
She is lovely :-)
Big hugs to the new "big sister" Vasi.......
God grant you all MANY YEARS !!!!
We saw your dad on our way into church on Sunday. All I could say was, "Wait!! I was just standing in Paraskevi's kitchen yesterday afternoon with her!!"
FABULOUS!! What a lovely little girl! May God grant you many years! May the Holy Theotokos give you much strength and patience in the days ahead!
xoxoxR
many years to xenia and susannah!
congratulations! Welcome Susannah! I'm glad you're both well.
Congratulations! You both look great! Enjoy that little bundle of newborn baby love.
Many years to all of you!
Happy Nameday baby Susannah (or, as K likes to say "baby Hozanna"). It's hard to believe you've been "out" a week now! May God grant you many years, sweet baby! And a Happy Mother's day to the amazing mama!!!
Love,
Auntie
Post a Comment