About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I was tagged via blogmosis... got this meme from Emma's blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was 15, so a sophomore in high school, I think. I probably had my driver's permit. Dreaming about how liberating and FREE I would be if only I had a license! I had a huge crush on my best friend's neighbor. He was also the pastor's kid at my church. Small town. I was in my first play and thus kissed by paltry athletic career good-bye. Speaking of "kissed..." Got my first kiss at a Sadie Hawkins dance (there was a "jail", and if you got thrown into it, your date had to give you a kiss to get you out). Hahaha! I remember I had been learning about Orthodoxy during this time...those early teen years were definitely ones of gradual, spiritual awakening. Man, I'm amazed at how clearly I remember "15."

Five things on my To Do List today:
It's 12:09 am, so I guess it's technically a "new day." But all I know is that for sure I will...

1. Finish my midnight snack (a smoothie)

2. Take my cod liver oil and prenatal vitamin

3. Brush my teeth, wash face

4. Say prayers

5. Blink into the darkness until I fall asleep an hour later.

Snacks I enjoy:

Lately? Obviously, this smoothie I'm enjoying. Avocado, cheese and chips. Apple, bananas. Dark chocolate. Coconut Bliss (eyes glaze over).

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Yikes! Beats me. Clear school debt. Buy several brand new diesel Volkswagens and run them on vegetable oil. Tithe. Give money to our families. Have Job quit his job so that he/we could do whatever. Buy a burr grinder. Buy my own coffee plantation? Buy a Vitamix. Collect art. Help people and families in need. Help fund our church's building fund. Oh...um... pay off our house? Make it look nice.

Five places I have visited:
Salinas, CA
San Francisco, CA
Savannah, GA (I was, like, 3)
Ashland, OR (derr... I'm lame)
Seattle, WA

Five jobs I have had:

Sales associate
Student librarian-circulation desk
house cleaner/custodian
Writer (kind of a joke of a job, but that was indeed my title, so I'll take it)
Office manager at a medical office

Go ahead and meme away. Hope you're doing well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You want a Vita-mix? We've got this monstrous killer of a stainless steel Vita-mix obliterator. When I say "we", I mean my mom. But she never uses it.

Known Alias: Ingrid Tuesday said...

COD LIVER OIL? Dude. You are hardcore.

jenny baker said...

you're a meme inspiration.