About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Saturday, December 29, 2007

It's nonni time....

So I just have to say, for the record, that my baby girl is asleep for the first time IN HER OWN BEDROOM. Yes, I am about to hit the hay, and my little daughter is not going to be in her little toddler bed next to our queen. Very strange. Very exciting. Tonight I think she was exhausted enough to buckle and go to sleep in her new room... but I'm not naive enough to think everything will be smooth sailing from here on out. I think I just got lucky tonight, and I still fully expect her to climb into our bed sometime around, oh, 3 am. Like usual.

But just the fact that she's not in our bedroom! Makes me feel like we're newlyweds again... NOT in that sense, but because the first ten months of our marriage were the only ones I've known of having the room to ourselves. For the past 20 months it has been otherwise. Not having her toddler bed in our room makes it feel so spacious... and bare, like a hotel room. BUT, it's a good thing. It's time to start the transition, because in 4+ months, Job and I will be acquiring a new bunkmate.

Okay, it's late now. It's off to bed I go. No more delaying.

3 comments:

MamaBirdEmma said...

Oh, I wish that our little bunkmate would buckle and sleep in her own room! I am glad that our room is big b/c I have a feeling that we are going to be sleeping four in it in a few days!

Mimi said...

Whohoooooo! Congratulations!

Bluecanopy said...

ooooooh, enjoy!

juliana just started sleeping on the bottom bunk in "basil's" room. they're babies for such a short while!