About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Friday, September 07, 2007

Wedding

I feel like such an old-timer. I've only been married for just over two years, and yet the change from single life to married like to parenthood gives you one swift kick in the rear. It makes you grow up fast... but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My dear sister Christy (+Elisabeth) is getting married in just a few short weeks. She is older by two years, and at the time I got married, it felt so strange to do so before her. She just needed a little extra time before the love of her life came into her life. :) God's timing is indeed perfect.

The other night I was thinking about marriage and how worried I used to be about whether or not I'd ever get married. I literally thought it would be IMPOSSIBLE to meet and marry an Orthodox man who fit all of "criteria." That is partially why I chose the name Xenia when I became Orthodox. At the tender age of 19, I really thought that becoming Orthodox was a death-sentence to my hopes of marriage. Silly, I know. Now that I look back, though, BECOMING Orthodox only made it easier.

I will forever be grateful to God, and to St. Xenia who interceded on my behalf. The other night, when I was thinking about marriage, I became overwhelmed with gratefulness and drew the above picture. The bride and groom are NOT modeled after anyone in particular, I just drew them. I might add more to it later.

But today I thank God for the gift of marriage and His Providence.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I like marriage, too. So difficult, and a lot of times reveals all the areas you need to work on, but it's nice having a companion. I'm glad you found a good man who's Orthodox too.

Mimi said...

I also love being married. Congratulations to your sister and many years to you and your sweetie!