About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Stewardship bulletin inserts

Here are the most recent drawings for our church's weekly bulletin. The top one was in today's Sunday bulletin, and it is in honor of the Dormition Fast. The bottom is a follow up to a previous bulletin with a "Planting your spiritual garden" theme. The follow-up is supposed to illustrate the difficulty of actually maintaining gardens (both spiritual and physical!)... weeds and pests are quick to thwart!


I must admit, these are getting easier and more fun to do as time goes on. Usually I have a lot of trouble getting motivated to draw, especially when I have to actually be CREATIVE and think up an original layout. I've even been known to grumble and, well, procrastinate... but this past one (see top) was a little more fulfilling and gratifying. I like the subject matter much more, I guess :) I was pleased with the result, and as much as I'd like to take credit for the end result, I know that it is truly the Creator's Hand at work.

4 comments:

Bluecanopy said...

i love em!

Mimi said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Katie

I couldn't take my eyes off your latest drawing. It was fun to watch Macarios stare at the picture in church while he was standing next to his papa. You captured something special for that 2 year old ( and this grandma too)

marm

Lauren S. said...

I wish our parish had these - very cool!