So Carmen's mission for Monday is to post at least 5 things which you're grateful for. I wonder if Carmen is reading this. I don't know why I'm calling her "Carmen," it seems so casual, like we're chums. But I'm just a fan of her popular blog. Anyways, here are some things I am grateful for:
1. My daughter and her health, which I hope to never take for granted.
2. My husband, who works very hard and loves me unconditionally, even when I'm being dumb. He's a wonderful father, too.
3. Having a wonderful immediate family and church family. I'm so thankful that my immediate family lives so close to me, too. I don't know what I'd do without them.
4.Coffee... free coffee, especially. Make ME happy, makes my husband happy.. well made coffee... nothing beats it. Nothing. I'd happily choose a good latte or mocha over a bowl of ice cream or slice of cake anyday. Not that I'd refure either...
5. Food, shelter, transportation. So many basic things that I REALLY take for granted because, in my sinfulness, I desire something bigger, better, flashier.
A new house. A sparkling condo. A rad new car. Two rad new cars.
But since obtaining these worldly things is *out of the question* for us (my husand may be an accountant, but we are by no means "rolling in the dough"... afterall, we have double the student loans AND a brand new baby), I have a tendency to complain, when I know (cognitively at least) that I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.
6. A good book. An edifying book that is not only well-written, but causes me to look inwardly or see the world differently.
7. A bit more materialistic, but I'm very thankful for clothes that fit, that I feel good in. These things are hard to come by, but when I do find something that serves these purposes, I'm thrilled!
3 comments:
1. I am thankful for the gift of family, parenthood, grandparenthood and our parish family.
2. 35 years of marriage- growing thru sacrifice and love and grease cars.
3. My dear parents- an example of trusting God through pain and loss.
4. Portland summers, Dairy Queen's buster bars, tennis with Matt.
5. Walking, Swimming, moving without pain.
6. Ice Cold Watermelon
7. A Good Night's Sleep
katie... i posted mine on my blog (your list prompted me to actually do a blog:)
Great list~
Post a Comment