About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Insert photo here

There would be a picture here, of Job (Steve) and I's first anniversary celebration. Suffice it to say, he looked good, and I managed to get a comb through my hair. We would have taken a picture, but I don't know if you've ever tried to enjoy an "evening out" with an infant in tow.

We went to the Olive Garden, because I thought it sounded good and we never go there. Now I realize why we don't go there. Personally, I don't think the food is very good. The breadsticks? Yes, they are tasty. But after a few bites of lasagna, I was ready to be done. Plus, I was attempting to discreetly breastfeed my baby in public. I know it's my "right," but it's still nerve-wracking. Needless to mention, it wasn't exaclty a candle-lit dinner, gazing into my husband's eyes.

We were seated near the server's station, I do believe, because waiters were zooming by at all times, left and right. They all caught eye of Vasilia. They'd smile or stop and comment on her vivid blue eyes. It was rather sweet.

Afterwards we took a little drive. Then we went to the video store, looked around (disgusted), then decided to jet to the library to see if we could check out a movie for free. Well, we drove there and it was closed. *sigh* We went home, because V. was screaming in the backseat. I was a bit disappointed at the turn of events... Job felt bad and went back to the video store, came home and we watched Rushmore while sipping martinelli's out of some lennox crystal that we hadn't even touched since we opened them a year ago as a wedding gift.

So, there's the story on our first anniversary. It was actually very sweet and very memorable, it's just not the way I had initially pictured our first anniversary celebration. Oh well, it's okay. Job, bless his heart, got me a gorgeous necklace. A single green sapphire on a gold chain. Absolutely perfect. So simple, so green. I would have never expected it, nor could I have chosen anything more perfect. So sweet... I'll treasure it forever.

Our first year together was quite eventful. I don't think I could have made it through so many huge life events if he hadn't been by my side. So now that we've got all of these big ol' milestones out of the way, now all we have to do is watch the grass grow, right? *wink*

Love you Steve (Job). I have a feeling we'll find ourselves in a new place and point each and every anniversary to come. I just hope that next year we can get a sitter!

Ok, I couldn't leave you hanging. Granted, this is
not a picture from yesterday-- it's from our honeymoon
last year. Note the lack of postpartum chub! hehehe

8 comments:

Christina said...

Our first anniversary Paul had to have an emergency root canal which cancelled our evening plans of going out to dinner... wasn't exactly how I had planned my first anniversary, either.

Susan said...

I cant even remember mine, but Ive had almost 35!
A sitter would be nice. We always left our kids with Grandma and Grandpa. They liked having them, and it is so good for young couples to get away once in a while.
Many more to come, anniversarys, that is!!

Anonymous said...

xk,congratulations and many years!
you two are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary! It seems like just yesterday that we were dancing around in a circle singing the song from "Little Women" while you sat anxiously awaiting that long walk down the aisle. Look at you now . . . if I had told you a year ago you would have a screaming baby to limit your first anniversay celebration, I don't think you would have believed me!

Kiss the baby and give Job a hug for me - I'll see you in a couple weeks!

Jessica

Job said...

This was a wonderful first year anniversery. Despite it not being what we expected I wouldn't want to change it for anything. I tresure you so much and love you so much, words fail to describe it. Thank you for this wonderful year again and I look forward to many many many more with you!
Love, Your Job :)

Elizabeth said...

Congrats!

I don't remember our first anniversary, either, and we're just about to celebrate number 17. We've never lived close to the grandparents, and we haven't used sitters until we came here, so for the last 12 years we haven't had candle-lit dinners where we gaze into each other's eyes. But this year! one of the women from the parish has offered to keep our kids overnight! I don't know what we should do! I'll be scanning the paper to find something--concert or something. Plus the grandparents are coming out to take care of the kids while we attend Clergy Laity in Nashville in July. Whoopee! We've only once before taken off without the kids, and that was clergy laity four years ago.

Anonymous said...

Many years to you both! I know rather well what those "baby dates" are like, we didn't get a sitter (read grandparents) for quite a while with Basil. Surprisingly, or not, I rather enjoyed them.

Bluecanopy said...

happy anniversary!! i don't remember our first either, how funny! now you will because you blogified it :)