So... it seems it's been a while since I last posted. Nothing really worth posting has arisen. Well, there is always SOMETHING to write about, no matter what. I think it's just been a matter of laziness, and not quite knowing what I ought to be kept private and what ought to be shared with the world, so to speak. That's kind of the weird thing about blogging... not knowing the balance sometimes. At least for me.
The month of January, I've learned, can be slow in the land of retail. You know, everyone's done with their big Christmas shopping and they hibernate from malls for a while. And if I didn't work in a mall, I guess I'd be doing the exact same thing too! But this month I'll be working just a few hours less, which is actually okay because it's giving me more time to work on projects and ideas that I've got brewing in my mind. Like.... say... my baby announcements!
Now, I know I DO have a good three months left until our little one is born. But I'm planning on making my own announcements, and so I figure there's no harm in at least assembling them now (cutting, drawing, hole-punching, rubber-stamping--all that creative work that makes you stick your tongue out in child-like concentration). It should be fun, I think I get too excited about these kinds of things :) Just ask my mom-- she who watched on as her 12 year old daughter stayed up late making personalized, hand-drawn Valentines for each of her classmates... the night before Valentine's day.
Well, that about covers it for the things going on in my life. Baby is doing well, I think. That is, she is happily (?) kicking and making her presence known in the world! I've enjoyed being far enough in my pregnancy to where people actually notice "le belly" and smile and kindly comment. Not a whole lot of strangers have patted my belly, as I had been forewarned... but I think that's because most of my social interactions take place in a professional, work-related environment.
I hope this second week of January (wow!) is treating you well! Time is just flying by... Adios for now!
6 comments:
good to hear you are both well :) I didn't have many strangers touching my belly either! I was ready for it, though ;)
I think preassembling the invitations sounds lovely.
Does this mean you can get out of work a bit early on the 28th?
That should be "announcements" by the way. Grin.
starting the announcements now is definitely better than starting them the night before the little one comes ;) . Happy creating!
Laura,
Yeah... this week I've hit that 3rd trimester "speed bump." Hmmm.... reconsidering this idea of mine... :)
Mimi and Heather,
If do decide to do the announcements myself, what would you recommend for a nice durable non-toxic glue? Maybe something acid free? I've been using rubber cement lately only to realize--DER!-- that it's bad to breath in!!! Gosh... and after I did all of my Christmas cards too... Recommendations would be great!
Mimi-- I'm not exactly sure yet about the 28th-- thanks for your patience, I'll keep you posted!
Hink!
I love the new pics! And my husband DID get your granola request-- sorry we forgot to get it to you sooner! We'll be in touch with Grandma a.s.a.p.!!! Miss you lots, love!
Are you using it on vellum?
If not, I'd recommend the Duck Adhesive - you can get it at Michaels, WalMart, Target, JoAnns - any scrapbooking store, it works great and is pretty inexpensive.
If you are using vellum, you want Scotch brand Vellum Tape - and a hint, put it on the patterned paper, rub it with a fingernail or a bone folder, and then pull off the adhesive and put your vellum on top of it. It's also not too expensive and you only use a bit so it lasts quite a long time.
No worries about the 28th.
Post a Comment