Hello! Sorry for the "blog break" over the weekend! With 8 hours of driving, "my best friend's wedding," church (a day in itself!), and helping friends move (well... my help was minimal), I didn't really have the time! But after a day of rest (an upside to part-time work, albiet the whole "lack of money issue), I find I have some time before bed to write some thoughts.
On my drive home tonight from work and time with the significant other, I had some thinking time. I thought of prayer, and how many times I've prayed for specific people in my life... over and over and over again, sometimes to no (tangible!) avail. Over the past 2 or 3 years, since college began, a string of names has always been constant in my prayer life. Even with a list of countless prayer requests that other's had asked for, this "string of names" always came to mind regardless. Expecting the instant fruition of these prayers, I first became discouraged at the real results-- or lack thereof.
So last winter, when I heard more about intercessory prayer during a young adult discussion, my heart was literally uplifted and filled with a wonderous hope. Someone had brought up in the discussion how prayers are almost like a "bank." Some requests and prayers are "spent" immediately, and others accumulate and are saved for a great time of need... Wow. ALL prayers really are heard!
Yes, I should have learned that from Sunday school a long time ago. But it never ceases to amaze me. So many outstanding works have been written on prayer... but (like all things in life) nothing goes beyond the inspirational level until it is actualized in a lifetime of prayer, patience and growth. But as for me, my faith has not yet reached the size of a mustard seed. I can only give thanks to God for the gifts he bestows.
Our prayers are heard, every hour of every day! Glory be to God! Never stop praying for those near and far, for the protection of soul, heart, mind and body.
No comments:
Post a Comment