About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Friday, June 18, 2004

Embarking on a new road...

Embarking on a new road, a road that has been trod many, many times; some "successfully", some not.

Cautionary Note: To family and friends who might read this and don't know yet, please forgive me! I'd much rather have told you this in person rather than over some silly blog of mine... but there'll be time later for more a personal rejoicing :)

The NEWS is that my significant other Job (or Steve :D) purposed to me yesterday! The ring is currently being sized down, so I feel like I don't have any "valid proof" to show people... Oh well. I'm here, in my cubicle, somewhat shy about telling the people who work in my office. How do you tell mere acqaintances or co-workers "I'm engaged!" I'd much rather show them the beautiful ring that my sweet Job gave to me, and let that do the explaining :) I guess I'm kind of savoring the feeling, allowing it to sink in, unbeknownst to those around me :) Our parents and siblings know, of course, as do our beloved priest, a few grandparents, and the lady who at the jewelers who's sizing [my precioussssss] ring down :D And, of course, you!

Well, you can tell from the munificence of smiley faces that I'm pretty happy! God is so good! I'm telling you, St. Xenia is an amazing intercessor...! Glory be to God!!! Pray for us as we embark on this path together. May we never lose sight of marriage's True purpose!

5 comments:

Ann said...

Congratulations!!

Job said...

It is true we are engaged! I'm very excited about it and I'm glad that it went off without any problems and it stayed a secret from little Xenia. Please pray for us both, thank you!

Job said...

It is true we are engaged! I'm very excited about it and I'm glad that it went off without any problems and it stayed a secret from little Xenia. Please pray for us both, thank you!

Job said...

Sorry about the double post, blogger encoutered an error so I posted again.

Xenia Kathryn said...

Thanks so much! We're very excited :) I'm glad to hear of your "little Xenia"! What an amazing Saint! God is good!