About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Yes, please!

Self-control, XK! Self-control! Oh man.

The new fall designs from Colette Patterns have been released, and they are stunning and unfortunately gorgeous. Stunning because: seriously? how can one woman knock-out, time after time, so many beautiful patterns that really do lead to beautiful clothes? And unfortunate because I have so many patterns I have to use already. Fabric hoarder? Check. Pattern collector? Yes. The only thing that doesn't come cheap with sewing is TIME. I can't buy time to sew. I already push it to the limit as it is, especially with a family.

But that doesn't mean I can't put these on my wishlist (hey, Christmas and my birthday are coming up!). It doesn't mean I can't invite you to drool over these patterns with me. If you're not the drooling type, then please excuse me while I geek out over all things girly. Just for the record (as you probably already know): no, I don't get paid to blog about Colette Patterns.
The Peony dress is pretty as a picture! Such a classic style that would make for a great wardrobe staple.





Even Clover has me intrigued into testing uncharted waters... Pants! I've never had much of a desire to sew pants. Leave it to C.P. to lure me in!




But this... this is my favorite. The Jasmine blouse. It's just gorgeous, and leaves so many options and looks, depending one which fabric yo use. I love that it's sewn on the bias, not to mention that adorable bow in the front.


The new fall patterns from Colette Patterns. *SQUEE!*

Since I won't be making any of these for a while, I'll keep plugging away on my equally-exciting (just not "BRANDSPANKIN'NEW!) projects that I'll share once they are completed.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Christmas *is* coming! Lovely!