
Make that three. Three cheese grins. Three chewboos. Three stair-steps.
It's true! We are expecting a new baby in May. It seems so far away and YET... sheesh!-- it's already November???? WHAT?
I am feeling well. Tired, but not too sick thankfully! A little apprehensive about having "three", but today I brought the girls to visit our friend and her 6 week old baby, and I enjoyed it so much. The girls admired the new baby (but were more interested in torturing their two cats), and seemed to be okay with Mommy holding her :) So sweet... Three will be thrice the hard work, but thrice the blessings.
So far, I'd like to wait to find out the gender. I found out with both V. and S., which was a ton of fun-- a much-anticipated "pick me up" right in the middle of those long, nine months. But I've always admired those who could serenely wait and be surprised. I've always wanted to experience the "surprise" effect. But then I DO love being prepared, mentally and as far as having gender appropriate clothes is concerned. Plus, since I drive myself BONKERS with the "name game," I really like having to worry about only one set of names, instead of two. I can't imagine how much badgering I'll be doing with Job for the next seven months... "What should we name the baby? Boy names? Girl names? C'mon, we gotta figure this OUT!" I'll try hard not to.
The Christmas sewing projects are not really happening at the moment. I'm readjusting my expectations, reevaluating my true motives and thinking wholistically about my own sanity and the well-being of my family. When I get too ambitious, I put a lot of responsibility on Job, and place some lofty expectations on the kids. So, for now, I'll plan on making a few things that I promised, and the rest.... I'll probably purchase from the store :) *gasp* Because I don't think everyone in my family will need an apron and some matching potholders.
Please keep me and the wee one in your prayers, as well as the rest of the family. Keep warm, stay cozy!
I
17 comments:
Oh-hhh I LOVE your watercolor fall painting!!
You know I'm praying for you all and
will be so excited to meet "Arthur or Arthurette"- ( JK)- in May!!
I love your keeping it real- and always readjusting goals for the sake of your family....a super mom/wife is what you are!!!
love
marm
congratulations!! three is fun! reality check is always good - I do the same thing from time to time - get caught up in plans (crafts, etc) at the expense of others. Take care!!
3 are difficult because there are only 2 adults! The older one figures this out quickly and acts on it:)
Christina and Vasi do remind me of each other!!
Congratulations!!! We found transitioning from two to three was easier than one to two -- and three isn't necessarily three times the work. You get a new perspective on things and, once again. learn to let go of expectations of yourself a little more...and trust in God (or don't and drive yourself nuts). :)
Whohooooooooooooo! I'm so excited! My prayers!
I knew with The Oldest, and not with the Xman - I'm a planner, I liked knowing better.
What joy !
My love and prayers for you all, especially the new little pumpkin :-)
Yee-Haw!!
CONGRATULATIONS KATIE!!
I will be thinking of you and praying for you too:-)
Love,
Analene
Woo, new baby! Trying to give S. a cool birthday present are ya? ;)
Congratulations! That's wonderful news.
congratulations!
i've decided to find out, i have about three more weeks until the ultrasound, mostly because i'm not a fan of yellow oneies with duckies. also, i'd rather be surprised sooner rather than later :)
YAY! Congratulations! Three is fun! Enjoy your pregnancy...I will be praying for you. :)
I'll take a pot holder :)
Congratulations! So lovely-hear is to a healthy & happy pregnancy and baby. Love your watercolors-the fall on the right and at top of the two girls.
Miss you all, :( We should skype!
Love
Aunt Helen
Congratulations!!
Yay!
May is a nice month to have a baby:) Our first was born May 26th. We waited to find out the gender of both of ours, and BOTH times, the baby was born and we had to ask what we had a few seconds after. Doctors/nurses just aren't used to it being a surprise:)
i'm due april 16th by the way! we're so close!
I, too, love your painting!! And, oh my goodness! Congratulations!! Three kids? Awww, yeah! Now the fun really begins! : )
My sister is expecting her 3rd the end of April...and this one is going to be a surprise! I hope you are feeling well. XO
Post a Comment