Me, with an empty BB gun... Looking like an idiot, but cozy
in my big winter coat. Susy is nestled in there somewhere :D
Thanksgiving 2007I finally ventured out for a walk on Wednesday with the girls. What was going to be a mid-day, "nature" walk around the block turned into a trek on foot to the library. I'm not sure why... we shouldn't have made it past the driveway, it was so cold. The wind hit us hard... none of us expected such a biting wind. None of us, except perhaps Susy, who was already wearing a sweatshirt when she handed me a second fleece to put on, as we were preparing to leave. Diverting a tantrum, I put it on her, and said "You're gonna be too warm in this, Sooze." Hmmm. Turned out she was the coziest of us all. And Vasi, with her bare legs and skirt, not to mention sockless feet... well, she was probably the worse for the wear. I pondered stopping and taking off my knee-high socks to put onto her legs... Call me selfish, call me a tough cookie... I let her learn her lesson instead, and she endured with less complaining than I expected. Clearly, the promise of a warm library, and the hope of interactions with people other than Mom and Sis, were enough to keep her motivated.
As for me? I wore several layers and my polar fleece to top it off, which left me shivering, still. From now on, it's my big puffy, winter coat. Bringing out the big guns. All right... it's basically winter.... I'll finally admit it.
3 comments:
Yep. Gotta get out the warm coats finally here, too. Went to look for thick tights and saw some nice knee socks on sale...I didn't buy any, but may go back later this week. I love wearing skirts, but it's so chilly, I've got my corduroys on right now.
Yeah it's winter here too, it got down to 73 last week and I didn't turn on the air conditioner in my truck all the way home from work. BRRRR!
Katie - I owe you a letter! I need to go downstairs to get the books so I can see the titles and authors names. Seems like something that simple I could get done! Alas...
Ah well.
Thanks for your patience, and feel free to remind me if you get antsy and I still haven't emailed you!
Love,
Analene
Post a Comment