About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Monday, December 22, 2008

Well.... you all know what snow looks like, so I'll spare you any "snow shots". We've been staring at it for a good week now, and now we're getting even more of an eyeful. Will it stop anytime soon? Dunno.

There. I just had to say something about the snow, even though I know we're all probably sick of hearing about it. It's hard to think of anything else, though, especially when it sort of effects everything (at least for those of us who were unprepared and largely inexperienced with it).

Fortunately, we're on day 8 of 'arctic blast' and I am not completely stir crazy. OR... maybe I'm just in denial. hehehe. No, there are PLENTY of things to do around the house. Three pots of soup have been made over the past week. We've made our own wrapping paper. Last night we made gingerbread cookies. I even got a lot of Christmas crafting done. THANK YOU HEATHER for making it even MORE fun! You see, Heather lent me her sewing machine a few days ago. I've been having a blast with it! Guess what she also did? She also brought us a bag of videos/dvds and a beautiful, handmade Christmas ornament! :) It's such a blessing to have Heather and Mike, as well as my MIL, within walking distance. ESPECIALLY during this kind of weather. We'd be awfully lonely otherwise, that's for sure. Makes me wish all of my family (and my church) were within walking distance. Oh... maybe one day :D

So, here is my to-do list to fight the feelings of listlessness:

-Paint a picture
-Organize and rearrange the kitchen/dining room area
-DECLUTTER
-Hang more pictures/icons on the wall
-Clean the bathrooms
-Mop the floors throughout the house
-Wrap presents!
-Plan meals for Christmas Eve/Christmas day, should we get "snowed in"
-Trek out/hitch a ride to the store
-Take a walk
-Bring cookies to neighbors that I don't usually hang out with (and those I do, of course :D wink)
-Write a novel (Ingrid, you've inspired me!)
-Read, read, read
-Build an igloo

Okay, that last one is very low on the priority list, but at least it's a viable option, with all of this snow!

Vasi's good attitude lately has made this week much, much more bearable. I think she likes being a homebody and having everything "low key." She hasn't napped for the past week... due to the fact that our activities and "busyness" has come to a screeching halt. She just goes to bed earlier, and I'm fine with that trade-in! :D

Speaking of which, my little elf is here now. I'd better get going! God bless!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- I'm impressed with your good attitude about the snow and all your accomplishments. I think we're all on a crafty streak- with this indoor weather.

I can't get enough of the beauty- it is so breathtakingly serene. God seems so very close- when I see a
hill full of snow- covered cedar trees and crystal sparkling white snow.

I'm very hopeful we will be able to keep up our Christmas plans-
but- you are smart to have an alternative on hand- just in case.
(sniff-sniff)
Kudos and kisses to Vasi- enjoying her hibernation at home!!!

Love
marm

Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, what a great list! I'm kind of a bit sad about missing Christmas Liturgy, which it appears I may.

Enjoy and stay safe.

Lauren S. said...

sounds cozy!

hope you get to keep all your plans. we feel like we're hibernating due to all this rain we're not used to having in Southern California!

Heather EspaƱa said...

I'm glad you like the bird :). And thank YOU for the Christmas movies! I'll probably watch at least 2 of them today ;).