RULES:1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. In the third grade I had a weird obsession with picking eye goobers out of my eye. I couldn't stop staring in the mirror and fishing for them. I then wiped the prized goober on the front panel of the piano, where they sat in rotted, crusted glory for years and years.
2. I have a bad habit of scratching my head. My dad gets mad at me for doing it, even though he has the same habit, and his father did too.
3. I'm in the process of "carving out" a small business plan... making custom invitations and announcements. We'll see if it ever takes off.
4. If I had been born a boy, my name would have been Matthew Thomas. In high school I had a friend named Matthew Thomas (first and middle name). Kinda funny. I dated his younger brother, which I think made him mad.
5. Growing up, 7-11 was familiar terrain for me... almost a second home. To this day, even with all of my nutrition convictions and "knowledge," I have a hard time walking into a 7-11 and not buying JUNK. Squirt, slurpees, hostess cupcakes, nachos and chips are just a few to name. I blame it on my dad ;) I have to stay clear of 7-11s...
6. I don't like board games, or card games. *yawn*!
7. I liked high school better than college. Weird, I know.
8. I like to listen to Dave Ramsey in the evening. I fantasize about being debt free... and yet I lack the determination and conviction to start the "Complete Money Makeover." One day, though! One day...
I'm tagging... (hope the links work)
Lauren S.
Violent Munkee
Katie J.
Sara P.
Karl (hey, it's worth a shot)
Emma
Heather
9 comments:
Thanks for the tag, Katie. You know it will take more than that to get me back into blogging! :)
But I'll share a few tidbits, just for fun:
1) I held, for a brief period of time in the mid 80s, an Oregon state record for youth for keeping a soccer ball in the air without using my hands.
2) Length of time between my first college class and graduation with a B.A.: 10 years, 11 months and 2 weeks.
3) If I was wealthy and didn't have a family to think about, I'd become a skydiving instructor.
4) I switched between public, private, & home school 10 times between 1st and 9th grade.
5) I have the entire script for "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" memorized. Please don't ask why.
6) When I was in the 4th grade, my former 1st grade teacher was locked away in an insane asylum. This answered a lot of questions, as you might guess.
7) I've read, literally, every single book these authors have ever written: Neil Gaiman, C.S Lewis, & Roger Kimball
8) In the mid 90s, I was the store manager of a Dairy Queen. That's all I have to say about that.
Oh, and the chili you brought over last night was excellent. The perfect amount of fire. :)
The eye goobers are SOOO gross! I flicked nose boogers, dunno which is worse.
My mom scratches her head too. And it always seems so loud.
Thanks for the tag, Matthew :)
posted to the munkee
Congrautlations to you on the business plan, prayers!
Ooooh, I get to read Karl's 8 things in the comments.
I posted mine!
My name would have been Jeremy Brian.
Oh, and mine would have been Michael Douglas - now come on, yuck!
I thought I was the only head-scratcher in the world!
I don't feel so lonely anymore.
Thanks for tagging me :). I really am going to blog it...just give me a few weeks ;).
Post a Comment