About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's me!

Hey folks!

Summer's been busy... it always seems to be busy. Especially the weekends. They're jam-packed! Not that I'm complaining... Job and I can never refuse an opportunity for social interaction. Case in point: Last week we decided to go to our church's Young Adult group for the first time since V. was born. We told ourselves we'd only be there for an hour, THEN we'd have to come straight home. Ha. He. Ho.

Of course we were the last ones to leave.

When I'm not busy going here and there, I'm busy trying (sometimes in vain) to avoid overusing the internet. It's kind of ironic, as I'm here writing a blog. But I figured it was time for an update here at the ol' Daily Grab Bag. Which is more like the bi-monthly grab bag. And I really do think I need to change the title of my blog.......

Yesterday I had some retail therapy at--where else?--Bloomingdales? No. Saks Fifth Avenue? HA! Nordstroms? Nupe. GOODWILL? YES! I was moping the other day because none of my clothes fit. And the ones that do fit don't match with eachother (gone are the days of wreckless clothes-wearing abandon... not that I'm completely color-coordinated or anything). The Goodwill near my house is the very best, it's right in the hub of mid-upper-class suburbia, so every other clothing item on the racks are Gap, Eddie Bauer, Old Navy, etc. THANK YOU wealthy and generous suburbanites! After my shopping "spree" (not quite), I assured Job that NOW, yes NOW I'm happy. I'm set. I'm golden. No more spending, no more retail therapy. I'm complete. *smirk* Lord have mercy.

I'm looking forward to the Dormition Fast! It's always very, very special, and it always seems to come at a dire point in time. For some reason the first two weeks of August often seem to be ridden with some tangible turmoil. This year I'll have the Lebanon/Israel crisis on my mind during the Paraklesis services. I really do not deserve the life I have.

God be with you, especially during this trans-national heatwave! Oregon isn't too awful now, but I hear that Thursday and Friday are going to be scorchers. My lovely sister Christy Elisabeth (who celebrated her patron saint's feastday yesterday!) is in ARIZONA of all places, for the next two weeks. I'm anticipating an onslaught of envy when she returns with a bronzesque glow to her already olive skin. :D

3 comments:

Bluecanopy said...

good to hear from you :) glad you're having an enjoyable summer. Ahhh thrifting, the beloved pastime. Fills the closet and doesn't break the bank! I have a growing rubbermaid box labeled "Women's too big/small". MOstly pre and post preggie frocks. Every couple of months I look through it for something "new". Gone are the days of staying one size for years at a time. c'est la vie!

Mimi said...

Whohoooo! Congratulations on the YA time and on the shopping!

Munkee said...

post please.