This week I'm trying to be more productive. This is difficult, especially since all of my time is dedicated to an infant, and the MOMENT she is asleep, all I want to do is rest or blog or read. Plus, all of the things on my to do list involve noise to some degree, and Froggy is becoming increasingly sensitive to noises (she wasn't before, in her first few weeks she could sleep through a lot, but I think since she's been "home" now at our quiet apartment, she's grown accustomed to it). I'm petrified of putting the dishes away or cleaning my bedroom (where she's snoozing) or hanging pictures on the wall (requires banging a hammer-- ain't gonna happen).
I've been trying to cut back on my internet addiction--err-dependency--err-- habit. I complain of not having enough time to do things around the house, or draw or paint, and yet a majority of my "free time" (or what's left of it) is spent on the internet, reading blogs or attempting to write blogs. Why is this? Am I really so isolated that I NEED to live vicariously through other people's lives? I don't think I'm isolated... I don't know. But Job took down my computer. You see, we had two computers up and operating here in our spare room, one for him and one for me. My computer was sitting on top of my art table... not exactly nurturing my creative side. So, Job took it down (at my request) the other night, and it's SO refreshing. It makes the room look less like a computer lab and more like a spare bedroom. Kinda nice! Now all I gotta do is get over this "artist's block" and get cracking on some work. It's been far, far too long since I've worked on a project.
Well, I should go before baby wakes up-- oops, I hear her now. *sigh* Welp, see you later!
10 comments:
Proud of you girl....I think taking down the computer is good for your creative and productive juices!!
me
Good for you! :) I, too, have been in need of some computer-free time...it's really hard when I HAVE to be on it so much for work...I enjoy it, but boy could my eyes and brain and soul use a rest!
I hear you... sometimes I look around the house and wonder what the heck did I do all day?!?!?!
Congratulations on taking down the computer.
good for you! I wish I could draw.
you go mama...get out there. do you have friends with babies that you can meet up with?
Thanks Mom!
Heather,
Yes... working in front of a comp would be additionally difficult! I can't see I'm all that successful at this, but I'm trying a little each day!
Christina,
No kidding! "What did I do all day?" I ask myself that a lot every day...!
Mimi,
Thanks! Now my battle is just with ONE computer :) ack, Lord have mercy!
Victoria,
I probably take my drawing abilities for granted... I should do it more often!
Sara,
I have a couple of "baby friends," but not many... I hope to meet more, but not having a car availabe for my use makes it a bit tough to connect with friends reguarly. *sigh* Wanna move to Oregon? hehehe.
Heather,
see=say
oops!
:)
I would love to move to Oregon :)
You'll find 'em...I remember feeling the same way, none of my friends had kids. Not having a car is not helpful, you're right about that.
uh oh... our computer is in our bedroom :) my complaint isnt that our bedroom looks like a computer lab, but that our kids come in our room to be on the computer... and let's not even talk about those times they want to bring a friend in to see something on the computer.
Post a Comment