This week I got to hold TWO brand new babies. It's so reassuring to see these beautiful little roses, to hold them, and to know that my own little pea pod will be here soon. It's also QUITE reassuring to see their radiant, newly "christened" mamas, overwhelmingly beautiful, tired and so alive all at the same time. It's amazing to see their bulge-less bellies--what happened?
It's so hard for me to envision life without my big pregnant stomach (weird, huh?). I think I'll miss having my girl there, curled up beneath the shelter of my skin, safe and sound, kicking.
Today was a doozy of a day. Early, early Job and I went to church for Confession. We stayed for Orthros and Liturgy. We stayed for the annual Lenten pancake breakfast (mmm!). We stayed (of course!) for the baptism of the newly illumined Jude.
Then, by late afternoon we headed home with every intention to "rest." Hmm... you can imagine that that didn't happen. I must have gotten my second wind. BBQ beans were made, a present was wrapped for a special birthday girl, a card was made and we were off on our next adventure! Heather's birthday party was so much fun. Afterwards Job and I stopped in to visit one of the above mentioned babies.
Finally we made it home. I, of course, vegged out on the internet for a good while. In fact here I am, still on the internet when there are lenten cookies to be made for tomorrow's Palm Sunday luncheon. Somehow when I signed up to do this, it really didn't register in my mind that Palm Sunday was so soon. Goodness gracious. Time flies. I'm off to conjure up some cookies.
5 comments:
The cookies were great! Thanks so much for volunteering to make them.
And you didn't even get to stay for the salmon luncheon!!
I really missed being pregnant- after delivery. It's funny- you never think you'll stomach will be back to normal, and you never think you'll miss being awkwardly pregnant. But I was wrong! What a gift the whole experience is!!!
Love- Mom
Sometimes, all these years later, I still lie on my stomach and remember the kicking of a sweet little person inside me. It is truly one of lifes greatest miracles.
When I hold my little grandchildren, and see them squirm, I often think of how it must have felt in-utero.
You will be such a good mommy Katie.
Susan
Momma,
Yeah, I would have loved to stay for the salmon, but we had to head out. Oh well... I'm glad I could help with the cookies. They were fun to make (and "snick").
Pregnancy is such a rare gift. At this point I want it to be over and yet I'll be kinda sad when it is. Love you!
Susan,
I guess you never, ever forget the whole pregnancy experience! That's cool to know. It's a treasure.
Thank you for your sweet comment... I sure hope I can be a good mommy.
Ooooh, babies! I can't wait to hold yours!
It sounds like a busy Saturday!
Sometimes, all these years later, I still lie on my stomach and remember the kicking of a sweet little person inside me. It is truly one of lifes greatest miracles
Me too, Susan!
Thank-you so much for everything! :) That was one of the best birthdays I've had in quite some time. I am wearing my jewels as I write :). A proper thank-you note will be on its way shortly.
Post a Comment