Brownies are tasty. Mmmm... They seem to be my craving o' the week. On Friday I convinced Job that I needed brownies (might have been my constant repetitions of the word, "Brownies..." said in a dreamy, child-like tone). So we went to the store, where I picked up a box of "No Pudge" Fudge brownies. All you have to do is add fat-free yogurt, and you've got some "fat-free" brownies. Well, I'm less concerned about fat than I am about recognizable, somewhat wholesome ingredients. You know, no trans fats, weird chemicals, etc., and No Pudge happens to abide by these rules. Plus, what's more impressive about the No Pudge brand is that you can make single-servings. In my opinion, portion control is an important factor to weight maintanence, and making one brownie in the microwave is less tempting than making a whole pan of brownies that are just *waiting* to be consumed or destined to grow stale on the kitchen counter.
I had my prenatal appt. on Monday, and apparently I've gained almost 10 pounds since my last visit-- that's 2 pounds a week! Egads! Speaking of weight maintanence... Needless to say, the certified nurse midwife recommended, in the kindest way possible, that it was probably time to lay off the "bad stuff" and regain those moderation skills that I once posessed. Fortunately I haven't gained TOO much weight, since I was kind of underweight at the beginning of the pregnancy and had to compensate. But, now's the time to stop shoving everything I see in my mouth and regain some composure.
This morning was my niece's first birthday! Gosh, can you believe it's been a year? She's certainly our miracle baby... and she's doing great :) She had her party at this place, which was delightful, even if it was swarming with feverish activity! My goodness... so many children were there! It was strange to be there, with my new "mom" haircut and 6-month swollen belly, and to feel like I actually fit in to some extent. I'm a mom! Whoa....
I ordered a caramel apple peanut butter sandwich and a hazelnut steamer for "mid-morning lunch." Then I had a cherry-frosted brownie (yikes! did I say brownie? I meant cupcake), which left me with bright red-stained gums, lips and tongue. It was actually quite nasty looking (my mouth, that is)... and I don't think I'll be downing any cherry frosted cupcakes again anytime soon. I looked like a gosh darn valentine.
After the party I had to come back to adultworld and speed off to work, which was a bit disappointing, although a little less frantic.
So there you have it! Happy birthday to my sweet little niece. I'm off to have my last EVER brownie.... ;)
9 comments:
Thanks, Katie for being there! It was so fun to have you celebrate with us!!! You took some great video of Kirsten too!!!!
Love you & baby!
Carrie & Kirsten
wow, i can't believe it's been a year either...how fun for your girls to be so close :)
i like those no pudge brownies too...yum!
Happy, happy birthday to your dear niece!
"No Pudge" brownies has to be the best name ever!
I want to see a picture of the new "mom" hair-do!
oh me too :) i had one of those! yours is probably cute though.
We had a great time at the bday party (the short time we were able to be there). It was nice to get out of the house and I was happy that it was near where my doc. appt. was going to be. I like your haircut. I told Paul last night that I am going to cut my hair (I grew it out for my brother's wedding which took place in August). I might have my mom take me tomorrow, if I'm feeling upt to it:)
It was so nice to see you with your "mom" haircut. Your hair looks nice any way you wear it!
No Pudge is my favorite. I feel I can eat more because its low cal.
I pay for that mentality on my hips.
Susan
my mom took me to get a mom haircut on friday (thanks for the offer to cut my hair... i may take you up on trims in the future:)
we are back at my parent's home and mom made no pudge brownies... i just ate one:)
Hey, good news! Portland's the best place to have a baby! :-)
http://www.kgw.com/lifestyle/stories/kgw_013006_health_pdx_birth.54ea1224.html
Post a Comment