About Me

I'm an Orthodox Christian, and I strive to follow Christ day by day. I'm blessed to be married to Deacon Steve. We have four wonderful kids! I love to create comics, art, sew, write and read. :)

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

...Brought to you by the letter T

I'm not sure how reliable this is, but a few weeks ago on Msn.com there was a little feature that said "Find out what your name means."

Well, it just so happens that I have a new last name--Tussing-- and yet I don't really know what its origin is or what it means (by the way, that's why my blog address is xeniaT... even though I started this blog before I was married, I had it in mind all along :D).

Well, it turns out that Tussing is a German variation of the French name/surname Toussaint, which means all (tous) saints (saint). I thought that was very, very cool! So, in a way, we have a very holy surname, or at least a German variation thereof! I'll take all the patron saints I can get :)

I hope all is well on your side of the computer screen!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought it was supposed to be XENIA and AT just squished together, don't ask me why...all this time it was Xenia T.
Sneaky...very sneaky. What if he DIDN'T propose, huh? ;)

Mimi said...

Hey, that's really cool!

Anonymous said...

Cool beans about the last name!

Meika said...

I hope I marry into a cool "saintly" last name! For now, mine sounds like the name of a Brittish butler, "Perkins will you please bring the car around, we are going for a Sunday drive, Cheerio!"

Anonymous said...

Meika

I just looked up "Perkins"- and it means "son of Peter"- so if you ask me- St Peter- was a very very impressive saint- that you can claim to the fame of your name!!! ( That is for now, until you join in marriage!)
Lois

Meika said...

Wow! Son of Peter! I DO have a saintly name and I didn't even know it! Thanks for looking that up for me Lois!

Xenia Kathryn said...

Heather--
What if...? There is no what if! :D hehehe. If he had never purposed to me, then people would continue to assume that XENIa and AT are just squished together, I suppose! :D

Meika,
You crack me up! But that whole Peter thing makes sense, since I know that "Per" is at least Swedish for Peter, and "kins" means family, etc. See?

Mom,
Good find! I think you're getting a little too internet savvy if you ask me ;) hehehe.

Mimi and Philippa,
Cool beans indeed :)